ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned, lowered and exhausted...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Apologies for the rubbish pics, same camera as always but didn't bother with tripod or any of the settings.

Got my freshly fitted Apex springs on her last week as well as my Prospeed system with decat, so thought I may as well throw some piccies up. The springs are obviously still to settle a bit further, but you get the idea...

Beforesies:

11Oct08126.jpg

11Oct08149.jpg

11Oct08127.jpg

Afterses:

P1020071.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020074.jpg

P1020080.jpg

I noticed that the bracket for the mount looks very different to the old flawed design - much more solid.

P1020079.jpg

P1020082.jpg

Shiny!

Range Rover sport
you where in the prospeed workshop same time as me mate well your car anyway lol i have a few pictures i ll get some posted up

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers chaps, looking at the before and after now it doesn't seem much different! It's certainly more difficult to get out of my parents' drive without scraping now!

Yeah Nath, I do recall you saying you were going the same time. I wondered off into Cardiff staight after dropping the car off and left them to it as they were so busy. I think you must have arrived and left again in that time! Some pics would be good... :)

106 GTi
Very nice - amazing what a subtle drop can do - lowered the GTi last weekend, only a touch but it really does help.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Very nice - amazing what a subtle drop can do - lowered the GTi last weekend, only a touch but it really does help.

Absolutely mate, it just takes away that annoying arch gap which doesn't match the shape of the tyre and improves things no end. The pictures don't really show it as much as it looks in 'real life' now - an obvious improvement.

Looking nice Ad!

Cheers mate, awaiting pics of your new derv cruiser! Will you risk the wrath of the CS opinion!?!

hows the ride with the apex springs? Is it better than you thought?

To be honest mate, it's fine. Yeah it's a bit bumpy, but nothing bone shattering on 90% of the roads I drive on, speed bumps included. My old Ph1 was on Pro-lines and, whilst I'm sure there's a bit of the old placebo effect there, it feels very similar to that... and a whole lot better than my old Fiesta which was stupidly hard!

nice ads....car looks spot on, you got air con on the cup rep??? lol

Lol, nah I took the aircon out mate, it's a proper replica. You'd never know it started life as a 1.2.

BMW E46 330i Touring
FLOL, s**t.

Cheers guys, wheels will be refurbed in due course and I'll be tidying up the bumpers / de-denting soon. Then she shall be perfect.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I like what you have done with the rear mount, i shall be doing this today aswell, the stealth is just a little too shakey.

320d
It used to be a 1.2 :S Who carried out all the work on it? Is it a complete conversion inc full suspension etc.

Looks fantastic mate.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers guys, the car definitely revs better and is much smoother lower in the revs. I have to admit I've not really had a chance to properly give her some since it was fitted so can't really comment on top end.

Danny - that's how Prospeed are doing it now but I agree, does look a lot better and the backbox doesn't give an inch. I wonder if this will cause stress on the system when it should be flexing, etc but have been assured it's fine. I've seen pics of Laingo's old Prospeed mount and it's certainly better!

Sorry Brett, she's never been a 1.2 really, lol. When I got her there was a bit of a joke with a few members that it was a 172 Cup in silver (quite rare) so it wasn't a real Cup, just a replica (as Cup's didn't come in silver, etc, etc). The 'rep' name has kind of stuck... :)

320d
Now i'm with you. I was going to say its the best rep i've even seen if it was a rep.

Why did you decide to remove the aircon? Has it made much of a difference.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I didn't mate, the Cups come without aircon. Well, some later models had Climate Control as an option for the fairies. More of the 'rep' banter! Lol.

Not sure what the Apex lower it... I'd say around 40-50mm? They tend to settle quite a bit in the weeks after fitting.

C

Cupster

I have the same rep as you. lol

Apex springs, prospeed even the F1 tyres, lol

Vee dub
"Cheers mate, awaiting pics of your new derv cruiser! Will you risk the wrath of the CS opinion!?!"

It's possibly not to the CS faithful's taste - no turini's or silvervisions..... or diff colour side strips......

But just finished polishing and waxing it..... will text you a pic mate!!

320d
I didn't mate, the Cups come without aircon. Well, some later models had Climate Control as an option for the fairies. More of the 'rep' banter! Lol.

Not sure what the Apex lower it... I'd say around 40-50mm? They tend to settle quite a bit in the weeks after fitting.

I thought it may have been a CC model and you removed it.

The whole rep jokes certainly confused me lol.....

BMW E46 330i Touring
Thanks for more nice comments guys :)

The mount is just what Prospeed did mate, I've not looked too closely but they look like small tubes of hard rubber / plastic, zip-tied in place to prevent the mount sagging.