ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (172 kit plus smoothing)

looks good, as mentioned, spaced and cambered will look good
what else has happened to the interior?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

its already de-locked and handled on the passenger side but im just waiting to get the popper for the drivers door and ill smooth the drivers door fully. when the roof comes it will be fully smooth with no ariel ;)

The interior im not to sure on yet but it will defo be all phase 2 sport interior at the very least. my plans are to get everything done bodywork wise and sprayed for fcs10. If it gets done earler i may take a trip down to see luke at plush and maybe a retrim in dark red quillted leather.

E92 M3

looks good that mate but i dont think the exhaust suits it now i would be looking at a stealth

CLIO PH1 172

this is coming along really nicely mate good work and i think 172 running gear would be a very good next step too !!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

looks good that mate but i dont think the exhaust suits it now i would be looking at a stealth

if you look back a few pages mate you will see i have a phase 2 172 rear bumper to go on and a custom stealth stainless diesel box. ;)

i shall see on the running gear. if i can space it enough i may aswell just do that as its not going to be ragged round a track.

also the car went back in the bodyshop yesterday and they sorted the gap on the nearside. :) just waiting for the roof now for the next step. hopefully in january ill be able to get the exhaust made and the rear bumper fitted.

TTRS & V50

Loving this project, doing well so far. Definally don't change the wheels, if you can get it sitting like chris205's a few pages back, it will look mint.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers mate, im going to be getting lower springs for the rear and wind the front down. I dont really want to use a splitter. It may be until end of january for an update :( but i will probarly get some lamin-x and fit my plates to keep me going lol.

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme

did you have a java blue fiesta?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

yes mate i remember your user name on fiesta-si.com
new085.jpg

new104.jpg

i miss the rawness of that :( and my rst..
xr2ipicsclean001.jpg

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme

yeah thought so. so you moved to a clio aswell

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

yes mate. i love french cars, lightweight = win :D
another track car will be on the cards for summer maybe a valver.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

did you get my post on eu?? about hte question you posted.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

just saving at the min :dapprove: looking at £400 for fitting the roof. it has to have a repair on the roof skin aswell as it came with a small crease in the corner and a small dent. im also carbon skinning some parts at the min ;)
just carnt wait for the weather to get better as thats slowing down the progress really :( ive also torn my ligement in my knee so ive been on crutches for a month now which dosent help either lol.
im going to be getting a carbon rear strip for my 172 bumper and hopefully carbon skinning my base plates for my mirrors if poss. ive also got my phase 2 sport dash setup with clocks at work which im doing parts in carbon and the plastics are being retrimmed. so keep an eye on the progress but it proberly wont be till febuary time, cheers tommy

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

pm your way ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

not as yet mate. when my leg gets better and the weather picks up the interior is going to be fully stripped ready for the respray. ive still got sooo much to do ill be lucky if i get it done for fcs10. i really want it it to be done by then thou. heres the still to do list for fcs10.....

h&r spacers front & rear,
flared rear arches,
relocated fuel cap,
de lock and handle drivers door and fit popper,
fit 172 rear bumper and get a carbon strip,
carbon front splitter,
wrap my fog light surrounds and mirror base plates real carbon,
wrap my interior parts i want to do real carbon,
lamin-x my front fogs,
fit my pressed plates,
have the roof skin fitted,
get some 175/50/15 tyres,
get custon back box made and fitted,
get custom springs for the rear and lower the front more,
full respray.

theres proberly more that ive forgot but ive got a hell of alot to do. if i can get 70% of that list done ill be happy.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF

Hey tommy! woow that is an extensive list! Your car is really going to look great when it is complete :) Plenty of carbon.... mmmmmm... haha :cool: Im thinking of going down a euro style route myself now :) Ive got some old school renault alloys that could look awesome! Where are you going to relocate your fuel filler cap by the way?

Hope your leg heals well and your back to running about as normal soon!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers mate, its going to cost me alot of overtime lol but i think it will be worth it. ive seen the alloys youve got mate i think you should defo refurb them and stick them on ;) im goin to relocate it either inside the door or in the boot.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF

Yeah i really want to now :( the OEM look is beginning to wear off me, I took the alloys out this evening and gave them a bit of a quick wash and they really turned out nice, they barely need a refurb! Its the tyres for the four of them thats going to dig my pockets :( and to pull off the look I think ill definately need to go lower with 60mm springs as currently i have only 40mm ones. But then again the alloys are like 13/14" so the current 40mm drop could be ok

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

get vmaxx coilovers mate or custom springs. i want to see those wheels on your car thou. ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

got this back yet bud

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

its currently been sat now for 2 months on my drive :(
i may have to have an op to remove the cartilage in my knee which could set me back further but im doing a fair bit of overtime atm at work (on light duties) so hopefully by end of feb i should be able to update it mate. im miss working on it so bad. the interior is being fully ripped out soon thou and having the interior panles retrimmed in dark red leather. but that wont be a while yet thou until i get the bodywork done. for fcs it will be fully stripped with the speedo cable tied to the steering column and the respray will also be done with the other bits on my list. hopefully when the weather pics up ill get alot more done. sorry the updates are poor atm. :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

nightmare gutted for you bud, look forward to you getting sorted tho bud

BG 182

looks like a winner mate keep up the good work.

ph2 172 and 106 gti

Love the look of the car so far,

Just joined on here as i have just got a 172 ph2 which i am gonna euro style as well less is more and all that!!,

i have just ordered some compomotive th monos, 15 x 8, so should have a similiar look to yours, i like your your ronals but need to be wider will look awesome when you get your spacers on!

and the that porsche brown is an excellent euro style colour!!

Suzuki Ignis Sport

Has it been painted yet?... have been having itchy feet to see the finished article!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Love the look of the car so far,

Just joined on here as i have just got a 172 ph2 which i am gonna euro style as well less is more and all that!!,

i have just ordered some compomotive th monos, 15 x 8, so should have a similiar look to yours, i like your your ronals but need to be wider will look awesome when you get your spacers on!

and the that porsche brown is an excellent euro style colour!!

th mono's are beaut, good choice. ide love mine to be wider but they only do the turbo's in 7j. ive recently got some 165/50/15 tyres for them thou to strech (pics coming soon) and ive got some fk rear lights off JCS.

Hazza, its probs going to be around summertime now to get sprayed as my injury has set me back big time. :( All of the car will be finished for fcs10 it just wont be painted lol! ill update soon thou promise ;)

RenaultSport Clio 197

great read, cracking project you've got going on here fella! look forward to seeing it progres:cool:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers Lammie

Ive got the exhaust booked in at Mr Tyres (powerflow) on saturday to get the custom stealth back box made and then im fitting my 172 phase 2 rear bumper. ive also got my fk lights to fit. I shall update on saturday with pics.

Finally a good update :D havent drivin in 2 months so will be nice to get it on the road again and get back into the project. ive also got my streched tyres to fit but ill wait till march to get them fitted with my h&r hubcentric spacers.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Im back on the road!!!!! :D

went to Mr tyres in leicester (powerflow) to get the stealth back box made and fitted. Cost £140 all in and sounds quite good. I also fitted my 172 phase 2 rear bumper and fk rear lights and i love the clio again.
tomrow im going to fit my legal pressed plates and give the car alittle tlc.
anyway heres the pics with a mate from work who had my custom chrome fitted to his......:p
note the red tiger camo looking front bumper :rasp:
DSC00372.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00374.gif

DSC00375.gif

Next month ill be getting 90mm custom rear springs and lowering the front more. Il also be fitting my streched tyres. let me know what you think ;)?

TrackCar & F30 330d

When's it getting painted?

Looks nice but will look wickedn when its painted

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

probs after fcs10. ive still got alot to fork out for before its ready for the respray. :( but it will be worth the wait.

Audi TT 3.2

back end looks much better now tom! splendid!:cool:

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (stealth fitted, fk rear lights and rear bumper)

Bet you'll get some looks driving around in it with it's current state paint wise :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (stealth fitted, fk rear lights and rear bumper)

Can you smooth out the buldge in the rear bumper and still keep the rear light??

Thats something thats always bugged me on Clio's.