ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean ready for OrigineRS

14990682372_9d3257fe68_c.jpg
IMAG1455 by lesley2337, on Flickr

14968050326_63fee12a8e_c.jpg
IMAG1456 by lesley2337, on Flickr

14990679902_d1eaab803e_c.jpg
IMAG1457 by lesley2337, on Flickr

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That is a really nice RB! Just the spec I'd have if I ever bought one.

Thanks its most of the way to how we want it to end up eventually.

Spec done:
KW V2 coilovers
RS2 inlet manifold
438 Cams retimed to MWM specs
Mocal oil breather setup
Uprated engine mounts
Trendlines
Stereo with bluetooth input
Small under seat sub
16cm uprated front speakers
Turini 172 cup alloys
RS192 exhaust
Converted to Electronic Assisted Power Steering

Spec to do:
High compression engine using 197 bottom end with 182 head
Supertech valves
ARP rod bolts
ARP head bolts
6 speed closer ratio gearbox
Custom driveshafts to suit box
Conversion to Hydraulic clutch
Conversion to cable gearshift
4 pot brembos
Retrimmed steering wheel
(although the one on it is very good but not quite perfect)

Hopefully be done in the next 18 months or so, but no real rush as its very usable as it is, although the engine is quite worn so not sure how long it will just keep taking the endless abuse of so many trackdays as well as all the road miles for!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice !

Retrimmed wheel ? Not fancying a smaller aftermarket one..?

I love my Sabelt RS one .. Bedford was amazing with that this week !!

very nice liquid glass look,what wax you use thats come up putstanding

Thanks :) Was just done with Autofinesse Tripple followed by one of MagpieV6 's waxes

Nice !

Retrimmed wheel ? Not fancying a smaller aftermarket one..?

I love my Sabelt RS one .. Bedford was amazing with that this week !!

I do want a new wheel yeah, but.... i want to keep my cruise control. So I'm thinking a snappy retrim may be the way to go

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is quite nice knowing the airbag is still there as well for safety etc given that its in use a lot on the road, just a pain the steering wheel in the standard car is the same bloody size as the one in my T4 van!

40mm smaller and still with an airbag would be mint

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That looks great, a real credit to you both :)

The looks are a credit to Lesley alone TBH, I have no input in that side of it.
It staying in one piece despite the mental amount of abuse it gets is a 3 way thing between me/lesley/luck lol (oh and some mapping assistance from Dan@SJM and Mike@MWM!)

Yes, i like that!!! :D where can you buy them from??

I managed to buy an old cup racer wheel with the buttons already on, but I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to drill some holes and fit some generic buttons?

Then I just butchered the existing circuitry and wired them inline to the buttons to get the correct resistance.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
The looks are a credit to Lesley alone TBH, I have no input in that side of it.
It staying in one piece despite the mental amount of abuse it gets is a 3 way thing between me/lesley/luck lol (oh and some mapping assistance from Dan@SJM and Mike@MWM!)

haha they can be hardy little buggers these clio's if they want to be! Mine hasn't put a foot wrong either, I love the thing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I managed to buy an old cup racer wheel with the buttons already on, but I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to drill some holes and fit some generic buttons?

Then I just butchered the existing circuitry and wired them inline to the buttons to get the correct resistance.

So you have the old buttons still on there (tucked under cowling I assume?) and taped up so they are permenantly on I take it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
haha they can be hardy little buggers these clio's if they want to be! Mine hasn't put a foot wrong either, I love the thing.

Its one of those cars that that the longer you own it and the more you ask of it, the more you fall in love with it.
Really hard to picture either of us ever wanting to sell it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks great, you at Oulton Chip?

We are there, but wont be on track with this one as we are off to the ring straight from Oulton so cant risk any issues that we wont have time to fix as the ring trip is more important to us, so my spot is going to be used by the Williams lads in their Trophy instead, was meant to be in the mk1 but it had got a bit bent, lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
We are there, but wont be on track with this one as we are off to the ring straight from Oulton so cant risk any issues that we wont have time to fix as the ring trip is more important to us, so my spot is going to be used by the Williams lads in their Trophy instead, was meant to be in the mk1 but it had got a bit bent, lol.

Ah, understood. I'll see you there :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks nice and fresh, sliver wheels give it class and the engine bay looks clean and as it should.

Simple things are always better.

I Love it. :cool:

Yeah we did toy with a lot of different ideas for wheel colour (well lesley did, I just said I couldnt care less so long as I can stick it on sticky 15s for the track, lol) before deciding to go with silver just cause it looks clean and fresh, anthracite etc can look mean and moody, but its mainly a girls car anyway so not really the look she was after, she'd sooner it looks happy and friendly than mean and moody, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Scrubbed up better than what mine has for it. Il keep my eye out for yourself and Chip.

If you want to cheer yourself up just look at the rear bumper on the day, its a recently swapped on temporary one and is slightly the wrong shade, we had a bit of an incident with the old one and my van, lol.

But we are off to the ring next week and had to get something onto it that looked undamaged as they wont let you out with bodywork damage normally.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Its ok mate. After my 'Dukes of Hazzard' moment the front bumper of mine looks like a shark has had a bite from it.

Have you got Track Time booked ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its ok mate. After my 'Dukes of Hazzard' moment the front bumper of mine looks like a shark has had a bite from it.

Have you got Track Time booked ?

Yeah, Just got one session booked with it and only going to be on S-drive road tyres so wont be worth watching much, lol.

Dont want to risk hammering it too hard before the ring trip a few days later, same reason I had to sack off Oulton, but I figured just one little session wouldnt matter ;)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Rb looks great. Real credit to you both.

Shame I can't make it to goodwood simply too much to do on the house to spare the time.

Have a great time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks all :)

Wonder how its going to look at midnight tonight when I see it next, as Les is working till 8pm than has to drive down to goodwood afterwards ready for OrigineRS tomorrow, I suspect it wont be looking quite so clean, doh!