ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean and polish back box

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
I got a clio v6 mk2 and as some of you will now the standard back box get surface rust on it. I am going to take my back bumper of and give it a good polish. Any ideas the best way to do it ? Can I use a machine polisher as it is a fair size ??

Thanks

106 GTi
Autosol or AG Metal Polish first up for me, both have more cut then Megs NXT Metal Polish

Chris - can you see the exhaust boxes through the plastic inserts ?? I didn't think you could on the mk2's ? (or have you done away with the plastic bits ?)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Considered ditching it for an aftermarket bit of lovely shinyness? I recommend the K-Tec - I had it on my Vee and it looked AWESOME and sounded barely louder than standard till you were really going for it, then it emitted some lovely pops on the overrun :)

On an OT note - when does yours come back to you Ali?

RB 182
How easy is it to get the rear bumper off a 182? Never thought of taking it off to get to exhaust and it would make life alot easier

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Considered ditching it for an aftermarket bit of lovely shinyness? I recommend the K-Tec - I had it on my Vee and it looked AWESOME and sounded barely louder than standard till you were really going for it, then it emitted some lovely pops on the overrun :)

On an OT note - when does yours come back to you Ali?

T'is bak Dan! :) Just waitin for KW's to be fitted! Time is pushin on! So much i want to do to it and i'm just runnign out of time.

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
You cant see all the back box but what you can see is very dull and showing rust spots. I really want a k-tec but just dont have the cash at the mo, spent over 2K on the car in the last month with service, front bumper respray etc

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Some fine wire wool and Autosol will be fine, bought the 197 tips up nicely