ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying?

RB 182 FF
Hi, I'm not really that up on good old cleaning, basically when I washed my new 182 I noticed the windscreen and just behind the front wheels, at the bottom of the doors there seems to be a build up of "crud" which is giving a textured sand paperlike feel. I reckon it's just built up, so

is this something that claying can help reduce and to get rid of?

Not a 320d
Will claying help? Should do, depends on the crud though. Claying removes bonded contaminates, tar, s**t like that, should leave a nice smooth finish to the paintwork.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
A good chance it will make an impact, yes. Might be worth getting a dedicated Tar remover on there first..

Many of the mkiv Golf's that I do (esp. in the lighter colours anyway) collect a yellowing 'stain' around the lower sills and door-jams; merely build-up of road contaminants and crap that needs stripping off!

Megane R26
Yep, as above, tar remover then clay should sort most of this area out for you!

Happy to give you hand if you fancy popping over to sunny Willenhall :)

RB 182 FF
russ, i may actually take you up on that as im merely a "sunday washer" never done anything above washing 2wice and waxing......

so im pretty new but will def accept any help :)