ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying/polishing/waxing after car has been spray painted??

Octavia VRS
Car is going into garage tomorrow to get a new wing/bumper/grille after the crash it was involved in. I'm also asking them to paint the bonnet so that the front all looks consistent and as good as new.

How long should I leave between giving it a good wash/clay/polish/wax?

Cheers,
Kenny

106 GTi
Body shop should advise, but new paint needs to cure for 30-60 days maybe more. In most cases on new bodyshop applied paint waxes and sealant are a big no no.

Washing after is fine, so is polishing with bodyshop safe polishes and glazes, ie ones formulated for new paint that dont seal the paint by containing waxes or sealants. Look into the Meguiars pro range at products such as there #81 Hand Polish.

Octavia VRS
Thanks again Rich ... will speak to the bodyshop when I pick it up and see what they advise as well

106 GTi
No probs, they will have already polsihed the painted parts by the time you pick it. Ask them what they use, lots of places use products from the 3M bodyshop range.