ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clay bar.... where from???

Corsa C 1.8 SRi 16v
been readin a lot about using a clay bar when cleaning the car to remove surface dirt.

whats the process to follow with this as im usually a wash and leather sort of person....

also whats the best brand to get?? and same with wax/polish....

cheers

Mito Sportiva 135
A billion posts on this already if you use the search section... best clays to use are the medium to light ones for normal purposes. The Sonus Green clay is good for detailing, the grey ones good for slightly heavier work.

For beginning with, get a decent shampoo (I like Chemical Guys Extreme Body Shampoo from Car Wash n Wax) then Autoglym Super Resin Polish, followed by Autoglym Extreme Gloss Protection for protection. You can then get a wax for a bit more protection and to improve looks.

Mito Sportiva 135
thanks for that, i didnt search before but i will now.....

Lots of places sell it... that's the easy bit.

Make sure you read the guide how to use it as you can potentially cause damage if you don't know what you are doing. Don't worry though, it is excellent if you follow some simple rules and produces very good results.

Main points are don't use if you drop it, keep changing the shape, use LOTS of lubrication (ooh er :S ) and try not to use in the sun if you can help it (although you can).