ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

claims advice

To cut a long story short:
Got hit from behind, low impact in my daily (not the clio) start of Feb
chap at the time didn't give me his insurance details as didn't have them on him but gave me his name, phone and address. He lives 2-3 mins drive away from me.
The damage at the time looked minor and it was dark. Told him I would see how much a bodyshop would charge rather than insurance.
Got two quotes one from bodyshop, £250 and mobile repairer £150

sent him the quotes by post - no reply
rang his home phone a few times over the course of 1-2 weeks no reply. sent him the scanned copy of the quotes to his email.
Managed to get his wife on the phone who said he was away on business and couldnt get my emails!
Further emails and voicemails on his home telephone.

Decided to go round tonight (as I think he has logged my telephone number and does not answer)
Chap answered the door and says he will reply to my email "shortly". very abrupt and dodgy behaviour. Showing no intention to actually do anything in my opinion.

I feel I have given him sufficient time to pay, got more than one quote and tried to contact him in all ways possible.
I am guessing he is not going to pay up or do anything. I don't have anything that says he has admitted liability. I don't have an independent witness.

Any advice from anyone. (I was trying to avoid insurance getting involved as didn't want a non fault claim especially for that small amount of money)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Either suck it up and pay yourself or go through his insurance.

Im sure the smartest cookies on here will suggest shagging his Mrs first....