ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CL6 vs DS1.11 vs Pagids

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Having used the old CL5's, DS2500's and Pagids my current set of Pagids are coming towards the end of their life so looking for another set but unsure what to get. The CL6's are around £40 cheaper than the Pagids or DS1.11's and although im happy with the performance from the Pagids I wondered if anyone else has used all of or a selection of the above pads to give their views between them.

Cheers,
Dan

RC6 shouldn't be in the same sentence as DS1.11 imo! Good stopping power but a huge amount of dust and shocking lifespan. Mine crumbled to bits in two track days, my 1.11s have now done five and can take all the abuse I can throw at them

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
RC6 shouldn't be in the same sentence as DS1.11 imo! Good stopping power but a huge amount of dust and shocking lifespan. Mine crumbled to bits in two track days, my 1.11s have now done five and can take all the abuse I can throw at them

Cheers Mark, have you ever used pagids?

Best place to get the DS1.11's? Assume you just use Brembo HC's with them? Also how was the bedding in process?

Ta
Dan

Cheers Mark, have you ever used pagids?

Best place to get the DS1.11's? Assume you just use Brembo HC's with them? Also how was the bedding in process?

Ta
Dan

No Dan, not tried pagids yet. I got mine from George :) I ran it up the motorway and gave the brakes a good roasting from 70-80 to as near a dead stop as I could get away with at least half a dozen times, then drove it home and left t get cold, epic ever since :) On brembo Hc discs

Track 172 Cup
I'm almost the same as Mark, Ran RC6 which the dust was terrible mine lasted about 8 track days although I managed to run both my sets down to the bare minimum left on them I didn't get any crumbling, but fancied a change so tried the DS1.11 first outing in them at Donnington Park a few weeks ago and they were great will more than likely buy the DS1.11 again (through @George@RTR_Parts ) Only little niggle I have with the DS1.11 is bedding them in as my car isnt road legal and I always worry I'll balls it up if I have to try and do it on the sighting laps at the track or if the TDO say's I'm not allowed to bed them in there.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ok interesting, maybe ill give the DS1.11's a go, never really liked the DS2500's on my old road car tbh, thought they were abit crap compared to the CL5's I previously had, even though these are two grades down from the DS1.11's so not exactly a great comparison even to the CL5's. I do like my PF97's although they do take a lap or two to really get going, not that that is a really a problem tbh!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Glad you're pleased with the DS1.11 lads @MarkX @StuOwen86 :up:

I can sort them with new discs @Greeny. They're one of the best pads around, I'm waiting for mine to come in from factory as I special ordered them for my mx5 track car as they didn't list them. So practice what I preach :wink:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ok think I will give them a go, probably only got one trackday left in my pagids so will give you a shout George.

What's the cs price for the ds pads @ hc discs? @George@RTR_Parts

Also what's the best way to bed these in? I can drive the car on the road so assume some hard braking on an A road should do it?

Ta
Dan

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries mate

Will drop you a PM Dan with some info on bedding , but it's a series of repeated "stops" to get plenty of heat in to them