ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cl5+ or cl6 for track day car

197was/second 182is
Hi! Is it big difference in those brake pads? Which one is better for track day and road use? Don't mind dust or noise... Cl5+ are about 40 pounds cheaper at the moment. Also does anyone using ktec braided braking lines? Any good or go for HEL ones?

M135i, 197 turbo
I'm using CL5+ and whilst good want something better. On advice of people on here I'm going to try the CL6

RC6 are horrible imo, great stopping power but crumbled to bits after two track days, made a real mess of my wheels too 😧
My DS1.11 have done five track days with plenty left on them. I'll not have CL again.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
RC6 are horrible imo, great stopping power but crumbled to bits after two track days, made a real mess of my wheels too 😧
My DS1.11 have done five track days with plenty left on them. I'll not have CL again.

My CL RC6 pads have been great.

What are the DS1.11 like for dust ruining wheels etc?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I may try them after my RC6's wore down to about 1mm at Oulton and they produced so much heat they melted the piston rubber seal and the fixing lugs on my wheel centre caps and the valve cap covers lol

197was/second 182is
I've just ordered rc6... Will se how they perform. How many track days/miles you can do on them?

Track 172 Cup
I just come from RC6 to DS1.11 and the ONLY thing I prefer about the CL RC6 is no bedding in lol just chuck them in and go, DS1.11 have to be bedded in which can be a pain for me as I don't like doing it on the sighting laps. Other than that I will probably buy DS1.11 again next time.