ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CL rc5+ locking brakes

172 Cup
Hi Guys
Just fitted my rc5+ for a track day next weekend, when I took the car out for a drive my first reaction was wow these things grab really well, awesome retardation with little pedal pressure.
Then I tried a few harder stops (still only moderate pedal pressure) and the n/s front wheel seems to quickly lock up.
I understand they are going to be easier to lock than with the o.e pads but it seems I have to brake like there is an eggshell on the pedal to avoid locking up.
Anybody found similar with these?
Will they bed in a bit after a few laps and a bit of heat?
Cheers

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
What tyres are you using?
Have you recently changed your brake fluid too?

172 Cup
What tyres are you using?
Have you recently changed your brake fluid too?
I tried it on my road and track tyres and it was the same on both (yoko s drive + soft ns2r) the brake fluid was done about a year ago and is ate supergold.
Discs are new Brembo hc.
Car is a 172 cup

It's all about the tyres and road/track condition, cold road tyres on cold, greesy, salty roads and they will lock up very easily. You wanna try RC8s, these lock up with hot track tyres on a dry track.

172 Cup
It's all about the tyres and road/track condition, cold road tyres on cold, greesy, salty roads and they will lock up very easily. You wanna try RC8s, these lock up with hot track tyres on a dry track.
lol I thought that may be the case it did seem a bit better when the tyres warmed up a little.
I was thinking I'm glad I didn't get rc6 or 8

It's funny as I found RC5+ quite poor on my car, no chance of locking up on track with R888s and struggled on Rainsports on the road. Must have had air in the system or something....

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted a set the end of last season in the hillclimber and would lock if you were Neanderthal on the pedal. but i found them very good but did change back to 1144s if it was pissing it down.

172 Cup
I fitted a set the end of last season in the hillclimber and would lock if you were Neanderthal on the pedal. but i found them very good but did change back to 1144s if it was pissing it down.
Yeah rain was my biggest concern, if I'm locking in the dry then I've got no chance in the wet.
I'll take the o.e brembo and swap if it gets to wet I guess.