ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Pinball @ The Ring

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf he was f**king lucky not to flip that. But ouch going to be costly.

Camera man did well not to flinch too lol.

182cup & 172 racecar
Very lucky tbh, when the car starts to lift at the front, I thought it was going to flip over. ££££

Suzuki Jimny
My girlfriend caught me watching this, 'Is that the track that we are going to?'

Told her it was Llandow.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. Im assuming that if the CTR had any steering feel whatsoever, the driver would have known that the wheels were turned towards the barrier and corrected?

It's an EG shape civic, wonder if he was injured?

^ This.

Properly sorted EG's are absolute weapons. The approach to Kallenhard is very high speed, looks like he's run a little wide and lost the back. Poor chap.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Roughly how much would the barrier repair be for that?

10,000 euros as a guess, as it looked more serious than my crash which was 6K.

That was in total including some track cleanup and track closure etc, barrier alone was about half that.

Suzuki Jimny
My mate tapped the barrier (also in a civic strangely enough) on thursday, no damage to the barrier but 300 euros to sweep the mud off the tarmac.

172, Tiguan
Properly sorted EG's are absolute weapons. The approach to Kallenhard is very high speed, looks like he's run a little wide and lost the back. Poor chap.

It's on the approach to Adenauer forst having just come through the Foxhole and therefore extremely high speed (it's flat in a Clio for instance), so it was always likely to be a biggie. Hopefully he/she/they are OK. I dread to think what the bill was for the barrier and the cleanup and fingers crossed nobody came down or crashed as a result of it as it then becomes horrifying.

Plenty of crashes yesterday by all accounts.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My mate tapped the barrier (also in a civic strangely enough) on thursday, no damage to the barrier but 300 euros to sweep the mud off the tarmac.

I was passenger in a RWD ford Focus with a 450bhp cosworth engine that really lightly tapped the barrier, smallest impact there I have ever seen I think.

Literally only did this damage to the car:
DSCF3465.jpg

Still over 600 euros:
DSCF3466.jpg

We saw this car in the supermarket carpark yesterday in Adenau and was wondering what had happened to it looked like the driver was okay from what we saw.
f**k me. Lets hope that wasn't a TF day!!
It was TF day yesterday mate!
Yes was a day with a lot of people out mainly a big rush around lunchtime 7 closures I think and day was cut short just after 6pm after another big crash that brought out the heli :(

An orange one
As much as I'd love to drive the ring, it's crazy charges like those that kills the enjoyment!

​is there some kind of ring insurance that would cover you for all this?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As much as I'd love to drive the ring, it's crazy charges like those that kills the enjoyment!

​is there some kind of ring insurance that would cover you for all this?

When we go we are covered on the insurance, since my accident there just under 10 years ago I wont drive there uninsured.

Our insurance is 60 pounds a day at the ring, which is VERY cheap peace of mind IMHO, but in order to have it you have to be insured with a specific company in the first place (Keith Michaels PLC)

An orange one
£60 a day is nothing tbh! I'd gladly pay that for the peace of mind and enjoy the experience more knowing if you do slip up and damage the ring in any way, they won't be damaging your own ring at payment time! ;)

Does that insurance company settle the whole thing or is it a case of you pay first and claim it back? I.e are you able to leave the track simply with giving them your details?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
£60 a day is nothing tbh! I'd gladly pay that for the peace of mind and enjoy the experience more knowing if you do slip up and damage the ring in any way, they won't be damaging your own ring at payment time! ;)

Indeed, there is a fairly large excess on the car itself, so you are out of pocket for that, but at least its a finite amount, and you would be down by that or more if you crashed in the UK on track anyway.

Does that insurance company settle the whole thing or is it a case of you pay first and claim it back? I.e are you able to leave the track simply with giving them your details?

We havent claimed with the current one, but when I claimed for my crash just under 10 years ago I just gave the ring my insurance details I didnt have to pay the money myself and claim it back, not sure if that is still how it works or not though.

I had to pay some sort of nominal deposit, about 50 euros or something, but that was all.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
It's on the approach to Adenauer forst having just come through the Foxhole and therefore extremely high speed (it's flat in a Clio for instance), so it was always likely to be a biggie.

My bad, quite right. Had the right section in my head, wrong corner name.

And tbh - going above 8/10ths on a TF day is asking for trouble. I stay off the kurbs and leave a margin for error, tyre issue, mechanical failure, etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's on the approach to Adenauer forst having just come through the Foxhole and therefore extremely high speed (it's flat in a Clio for instance), so it was always likely to be a biggie. Hopefully he/she/they are OK. I dread to think what the bill was for the barrier and the cleanup and fingers crossed nobody came down or crashed as a result of it as it then becomes horrifying.

I was trying to work out where it was, well spotted!

Yeah its MASSIVE speed there, bet he was doing 130 or something depending on the spec of the car!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
A very fast part of the track, but not a hard one imo! You lift at the bottom of the foxhole and accelerate up...I'm not flat through the first left either.

The Schwedenkreuz is scary, easily over 140mph and a bump on the entry + alot of faster cars passing you along there!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A very fast part of the track, but not a hard one imo! You lift at the bottom of the foxhole and accelerate up...I'm not flat through the first left either.

Why do you say that you have to lift? Plenty of people dont.

I do think its a hard part to get right, in fact I would say in my 100s of laps I have never got it right as I lean so far on the side of caution there TBH (i do lift but im not trying to set records)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why do you say that you have to lift? Plenty of people dont.

I do think its a hard part to get right, in fact I would say in my 100s of laps I have never got it right as I lean so far on the side of caution there TBH (i do lift but im not trying to set records)

Just what i was told by the ring regulars, and i guess it's subjective to the car your in. GT2's and GTR's etc are doing c160mph down there!

Like you said it's not about setting records, call it a comfort lift if you will; the lardy hippo isn't great over the depression.

(2:30 in)

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just what i was told by the ring regulars, and i guess it's subjective to the car your in. GT2's and GTR's etc are doing c160mph down there!

Like you said it's not about setting records, call it a comfort lift if you will; the lardy hippo isn't great over the depression.

(2:30 in)

Thats my point though mate, if he wasnt lifting, you cant dismiss it as an easy corner IMHO.

Its only easy for me and you cause we are wimps and dont do it properly, lol

Last edited by a moderator: