ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Got a Spring Clean

VRS
Well its nearly a year since i traded the A3 in for the FN2. Really enjoying the car, the cabin is a very nice place to be, the car drives nice for steady work runs and V-tec is addictive when going for a blast.

Due to the weather being so warm today the car only got a quick clean.

Process:

Snow foam with pH neutral snow foam
wheels sprayed with diluted bright wheels
Wash with Mitt and duragloss 901
Tardis on lower half of the car to remove tar spots
Clay lower half with sonus green
Quick blast over the bodywork with Lime Prime on the DA
P21s wax

Got it all done in just over a couple of hours which meant i could retreat into the garden for the afternoon sun :approve:

A couple of pics on the drive when i finished:

5640413175_626a4dceec.jpg

Summer Clean 3 by andysmithphotos, on Flickr
5640985506_db178f6690.jpg

Summer Clean 2 by andysmithphotos, on Flickr
5640987076_97e236c2f3.jpg

Summer Clean by andysmithphotos, on Flickr

Cheers

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Looks clean Andy. How do you get on with the rear wing when parking? I like the Clio as you have great visibility and I can then squeeze into uber tight spaces without fear of swapping paint with other cars.

VRS
Looks clean Andy. How do you get on with the rear wing when parking? I like the Clio as you have great visibility and I can then squeeze into uber tight spaces without fear of swapping paint with other cars.

the spolier took a few weeks to get used to!

its not too bad parking as the car is pretty flat at the back so you kinda know that the cars only slightly longer than the point where you can see the rear window.
The first few attempts i thought i had tucked the car in only to walk around the back and see i had another 6 foot or so until i was in a space haha

I do miss the rear parking sensors that the audi had though, they were great for lazy reverse parking :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks lovely mate. Great colour for them, quite subtle.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Alabaster silver suits them very well.Silver is normally a boring colour but the lines of the fn2 sets the colour off i think.

Im still loving mine.

I also had my worries about reverse parking but as said the car is quite shut off at the back so soon got used to it...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
  VRS
Cheers fellas :)

Gally I am gonna fire some Jeffs on it next week :) didn't use it yesterday as the sun was warming the panels a little too much so the Jeffs was hazing before it had touched the panels lol the p21s was a bit wetter so it waseasier to quickly get a layer on :)

VRS
The FN2 looks really good in silver, nice car. Looks bloody clean too.

Any plans to mod?

to be honest not really matey, i upgraded the headlights and sidelights and put a panel filter in but thats it

i saw the gp pack being offered from the dealers for £600 which did tempt me but im just going to enjoy the car as it is for the next 12-18 months before i look to move on to another car :D

Looks cracking seximouf!

cheers sugar lips :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup they look fine in Silver, Andy.

Good job mate and nice choice of products.

Definitely look into these 2 products for the summer... Silver will explode compared to what you're uing just now.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-prime-acrylic.html

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-jett-trigger.html

Everyone will a Silver/white car should own these twins. Epic levels of flake pop and shine on light coloured cars. And so easy to use.

Will it make my GW explode like amphasite?!

missed this thread, looks nice, think as mentioned Sliver is the best colour for this shape, NHB/Cosmic for the EP3