ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic EK hatch, some whorage!

K20 eg 217 whp.
Amazing day today! Got a new camera for my birthday so have been trying to use it as much as i can.

Heres some updated picytures of my "new" car, had it for a while now since i sold the old RT :) Bought it bog standard, here it is today....

P1000100.jpg

P1000109.jpg

P1000113.jpg

P1000116.jpg

P1000118.jpg

P1000120.jpg

P1000126.jpg

P1000130.jpg

P1000136.jpg

P1000138.jpg

P1000138-1.jpg

P1000141.jpg

P1000144.jpg

P1000083-1.jpg

P1000035.jpg

P1000076.jpg

P1000045.jpg

Jonny

wait and see ;)
seriously thats gorgeous... i would get 1 for my first car but a 1.4 engine not sure about the insurance tho im thinking it would be pricey

K20 eg 217 whp.
Haha oh right, well i have already put some sly ones in that thread lol :eek:

Engine so far is b16a2, 5zigen 4-2-1 manifold, EK9 type R camshafts :), NGK plugs and leads, crappy air filter which will be gone soon for a dc2 air box! oh and a short shift too,

I know nobody asked but i though i would wack the spec up aswell lol

K20 eg 217 whp.
Thanks for the cool comments btw!

Alan i would say its about 175 realisitcly, see so many people with an air filter going on ther vti's make 190 bhp etc, LOL.

That estimate is going on my mates who had DC2 cams in and that made 173hp.

id say your being modest at 175... my mate had a jordan; cams manifold lightend flywheel carbon induction and spoon system and it was RR at 193...and your not far off that probs!

K20 eg 217 whp.
Oh ritght, im just going on what my friend made, i would go nuts if it made anywhere near 190 lol amazing result for him!

I forgot to say, it has a EK9 type r flywheel aswell (bit lighter than stock), exedy clutch and custom one piece b-pipe from the manifold back :)

Cheers!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Looks mint :D

Wont make 180bhp though

If you have aftermarket manifold on and ek9 cams you should be getting some management on their as you could be running very lean

Last edited:
  K20 eg 217 whp.
yeh i think 175 is the ball park, even that might be too high tbh, its only bolt on mods and ek9 cams tbh does me well though :)

To get any more out of it as it stands would start to involve a lot of money.

K20 eg 217 whp.
My mate had the exact same setup (its his manifold i bought from him) but with dc2 cams, he made 173hp and his afr was fine, this was at Surrey rolling road btw. His dyno result is the reason i got the ek9 cams, i am getting my ecu slighlty mapped to accomodate the mods but its not 100% needed.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Each car is different mate

The age of your fuel system can affect things i.e age of the fuel pump whether it can produce the psi it used to (Hondas generally run around 35psi) plus whether the injectors are still working to potential and not clogged up slightly.

Best to get it on a rr and check the afr. If its fine then sweet money saved :D If its a little low a cheap alternative would be fitting an adjustable fuel regulator and just up the pressure a little

K20 eg 217 whp.
Yeh for sure mate, its going to SRR soon anyway when my mate gets his sir mapped.

Hopefully should be sound :)

02' PH1 172
awesome car man. was going to get one of them down here, but they have ALL been driven into the ground and are modded the cheap way. but still, here their book value is 4900 but if you want one with lowish mileage and in good nic, you can expect to pay 6600. ppl pay crazy cash here for those vtecs

K20 eg 217 whp.
Englebert, thanks, a guy has his done the same colour and it does look really good actually, your right though only works on some cars

Bjorn, im going to get it chipped and mapped, its running a p30 ecu which is easy to chip and tune up with hondata, crome etc, when i say chipped i mean the propper sort not ebay special lol

Cal46, yea recaros lol but the type of recaros is the same as the dc2 etc, from an evo 4/5 iirc

Boomone, 6600, what currency though? my matejust bought a pretty mint vti with 52k for £3800, bog standard.

Thanks!
Jonny