ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citroen nemo van fault

Astra vxr
Sorry it's not clio related but the Citroen forum is usless. Iv got a 2011 nemo van and recently the eml came on. Code p253f oil contaminated or deteriorated. Now Iv changed the oil and filter and done about 100 miles but no luck. Also it's in limp mode. Has anyone come across a fault like this ?? Thanks

Clio 172
The nemo and bipper both use the fiat engine which has a DPF filter with oil quality monitoring.
You've done the right thing by changing the oil, all you need to do now is reset the parameters of the oil quality sensor and the service light. Both done through a scanner.

If you just have an OBD reader you won't be able to do it. If you were local I'd plug it in

Astra vxr
The nemo and bipper both use the fiat engine which has a DPF filter with oil quality monitoring.
You've done the right thing by changing the oil, all you need to do now is reset the parameters of the oil quality sensor and the service light. Both done through a scanner.

If you just have an OBD reader you won't be able to do it. If you were local I'd plug it in

You are bang on. My service light came on a long time ago and it was serviced. As the light was never switched of the van now thinks it's still old oil and has put up a code saying oil deteriorated. I just wish you saw this thread last week lol. Iv still not got it switched of. I tried to do it with a expensive snap on obd tool and the eml went out but it couldn't turn the flashing oil light off

Clio 172
Yeah sorry buddy. Like I say if you were local it'd take me 5 mins to sort out.
Because it has a DPF the oil quality is constantly monitored to prevent contamination from regeneration and over fueling braking up the oil.
Problem is you can reset the service light but if ypu don't reset the oil parameters you'll keep getting limp mode

Just find a local independent with a decent scanner and chuck them some drink money

Astra vxr
Yeah sorry buddy. Like I say if you were local it'd take me 5 mins to sort out.
Because it has a DPF the oil quality is constantly monitored to prevent contamination from regeneration and over fueling braking up the oil.
Problem is you can reset the service light but if ypu don't reset the oil parameters you'll keep getting limp mode

Just find a local independent with a decent scanner and chuck them some drink money

You would think the snap on scanner would reset the oil light but I couldn't do it. Unless the guy just didn't no how to do it

Citroen Nemo
Apologies for re-opening such an old thread.

I seem to have this exact problem. Any advice on an affordable scanner that has the necessary functions or of anybody in South Wales area that knows what their doing?