ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cisco ASA RPC inspection

182FF with cup packs
First off, let me explain that I hate PIX and ASA with a passion. I'm a Checkpoint guy.

We have a client who wants to open port 135 to one of his internal servers from the internet for Certificate Services.

Yes I know it's a bad idea to open RPC to the internet, but its what they want and they won't listen to me, so to make it secure I want to lock it down with some RPC inspection for the particular UUID.

The firewall is an ASA5520 running 7.0(7)

I can't seem to find any reference either way as to whether I can inspect RPC traffic for a particular UUID and allow/disallow the traffic based on this.

I know you can do it on a Juniper or a Checkpoint, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it on an ASA.

Also, anyone know what the UUID for CertSvc actually is?

182FF with cup packs
I reckon I need something like this:

policy-map type inspect dcerpc CertSvc_map
description Inspection for RPC CertSvc
parameters
endpoint-mapper [service-only] [lookup-operation[timeout hh:mm:ss]]
Not quite sure what values I can use in the endpoint-mapper bit though. (or even if it will take UUID's to filter on. from what I can figure, it can't)