ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Circumstance change therefore car change...

Hi guys,

Looking to get something abit more exciting and hopefully just as useable rather than spending any money on my 1.4 2006 clio.

I had contemplated spending on this but in the long run its not worth the money compared to the level i could get by selling and spending in something else.

Whilst im not the biggest fan of Renault interiors this clio has served me well and i could live with it until finances allow me to get something else!

Id like cruise control and AC with heated seats but i know thats all a push and have about 5/6k to spend, so ive obv been looking at 197 and 225, with 133 twingos.

This is the best place to ask so what do you guys think/advice on what to look for?

Ste

Inferno 225 cup
What are these like compared to the 197?
I have never been in one or ever spoken to anyone who has owned one!
I've had 3 mate, never had a 197 but I like boost.

A good looked after one will see you through, a cheap and nasty one will be riddle with problems.

I'm currently selling Megane, if that's a route your thinking of taking then you're more than welcome to come had have a nosy

I've had 3 mate, never had a 197 but I like boost.

A good looked after one will see you through, a cheap and nasty one will be riddle with problems.

I'm currently selling Megane, if that's a route your thinking of taking then you're more than welcome to come had have a nosy
That is one nice looking megane!

Could i get some interior pics at all? Ive never seen the inside of one!

What insurance company do you use? Got to take that into account is all, so ill be looking at quotes too!

Inferno 225 cup
That is one nice looking megane!

Could i get some interior pics at all? Ive never seen the inside of one!

What insurance company do you use? Got to take that into account is all, so ill be looking at quotes too!
Thanks chap.

Sat nav.
95d57b702e0358ccf4afd58facc27a0d.jpg

a32e7a1e18c6e9f794d52847327344e7.jpg

I've had seat covers on for the last year and hardly taken them off. All looks brand new.

I'm with sky insurance chap.

Thanks chap.

Sat nav.
95d57b702e0358ccf4afd58facc27a0d.jpg

a32e7a1e18c6e9f794d52847327344e7.jpg

I've had seat covers on for the last year and hardly taken them off. All looks brand new.

I'm with sky insurance chap.
Very smart!

How much do you pay for insurance if you dont mind me asking?

And whats the mpg like now with all the internals changed?

Inferno 225 cup
Very smart!

How much do you pay for insurance if you dont mind me asking?

And whats the mpg like now with all the internals changed?

I ave around town anywhere between 22 and 30 and hit 37-40 if not more on a long run out.

Insurance is around £300 for the year.

A lot of people are surprised with how will the fuel is on mine, I put £20 a week and get half a tank.

For 285bhp thats not at all bad, i only get 42 from my clio on a run!
I think renaults are quite good on gearing for the motorway!

Is all the work receipted and documented?

Let me have a look at insurance quotes and get back to you!

I ave around town anywhere between 22 and 30 and hit 37-40 if not more on a long run out.

Insurance is around £300 for the year.

A lot of people are surprised with how will the fuel is on mine, I put £20 a week and get half a tank.
I was looking at a subaru the other day with similar work done to the internals, 300bhp, but 18mpg and £400 a year tax!

Listerine & Poledo
Thats not one anyone has mentioned?

Sell it to me! Whats to like?
50mpg
cheap-rate road fund
190hp (after remap, de-cat, and some other, relatively inexpensive changes) or more (with more expensive changes...it's the 1.9 PDi engine)
cruise, full leather, climate.

It's a top spec MK.4 golf, with a boot. But, unlike the golf, it'll turn corners!
It'll be fast enough to be a big step up from where you're at now, but with build quality that means you wont be chasing fresh rattles every other week

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well compared to the the russians megane its a no brainer!

No point in spending more money on just as good a car!
If you want a Meg then buy Jacobs, it's mint. His a great guy too.

I'd buy it over the phone if I wanted one, his spent a fortune on it.