ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Circuit knock sensor

Clio 172 PH1
Just had the car at the garage they did a diagnostic and it came back with 2 codes, defective front lambda sensor and circuit knock sensor.... Anyone think they can explain this, should I replace or go let someone else have a tinker? the juddering and misfiring is still bad at times and another guy told me it could be blocked injector??? Getting right on me nerves now, 40 quid to be told what it 'could' be!

182 FF
Knock sensor wont cause the juddering and misfire if mine was anything to go by, turned out to be a HT lead split and shorting on the inlet manifold. Fire it up in the dark and see if you can see it arcing

Clio 172 PH1
Cheers mate, I'll try that later, I'm just pleased in a strange way that someone knows what I'm going on about! It's hard to explain exactly what's happening! Just hope I can get it sorted.

182 FF
Everytime I put a diagnostic on my car is said knock sensor, only took me two years to replace it :eek: and by jingo it made a difference, so worth checking too. I had the missfire prob you seem to have changed HT leads, injectors, coil pack and then the HT leads again. Seemed we had nipped them in a rush between the rocker cover and manifold:(

Clio 172 PH1
How much would I be looking at to get that done if that's the problem? Seems I'm learning the hard way about these cars! I'll mention this to the guy who's looking at it tomorrow.

182 FF
How much would I be looking at to get that done if that's the problem? Seems I'm learning the hard way about these cars! I'll mention this to the guy who's looking at it tomorrow.

Injectors £42 each euro car parts
coil pack £56 General Traffic
Ht leads £55 Renault (full set) ( i've got 2,3,4 spare brand new £5 each posted if you need an odd one, lead 1 was the one I crushed)
Knock sensor approx £28 from Renault

Ta
Jez

Clio 172 PH1
Nice one Jez, I'll keep the leads in mind and see what the bloke has to say tomorrow, thanks for the help and I'll keep you posted. Pete.

182/ 172 Cup
If the timing was out then wouldn't you have the problem all the time?
I'd be carfull who you get to "re-time"

Clio 172 PH1
Well it's back and fixed! Turns out timing was fine and it was a split wire causing the problem, been out for a good run and didn't miss a beat, Gonna speak to him tomorrow and find out exactly which wire and where incase anyone gets the same problem. Just fitted some new 'Edge' door speakers and cut out a hole where the standard tweeters where and replaced them with the components, looks and sounds great I'll get some pics on soon!