ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cigerette lighter not powering SatNav

172 Exclusive... For Sale
I have a Clio 172 phase 1. Now the cigerette lighter will fire-up as in light and fire up a cig however it doesn't power my satnav, the inside of the socket does look a little rusty. Any ideas on the fix or would i replace the socket and is it difficult?

Thanks in advance.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
just get a new socket. mines the same, i have to turn it in the plug to get it to work.

they are piss easy to change.

CB600FS
The lights got a seperate feed, if it works the fag lighter but not the satnav are you sure its not the satnav fuse (think thats what Matt meant too)

Clean the connections inside with a small wire brush - with it unplugged!!

1*4 phhslow
mine does the same if you get an adaptor to plug into the cig lighter it will work as what it is the cig lighter isnt long enough to complete a proper connection.. i had it looked at by my mate who does car interior upgrades like cinema packages etc

clio 1.6 automatic
you say its easy to replace the cig lighter but have tried and failed so what am I doing wrong??? My cig lighter does not work,the fuse is ok and I can't use my SATNAV

1*4 phhslow
why when u can buy a 5pound extender what plugs into your cig lighter and gives you another female end..... as if you lighter works its fine.. i have the same prob with mine its a navman what make is yours ???

Clio MK2 (1.2)
had the same problem week before, so had to use my Chavy Ripspeed 4cig lighter transformer, that worked no problem,

Thats renault for ya

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Damn... New socket by the look of things.

See when I put the 2-way adapter in the socket the adapter works fine as the led lights up... But when I put the Sat-Nav in the 2-way socket adapter the adapter's led goes out thus not powering the sat-nav.

:/

Evo 8 MR
Try rotating it once you put it into the socket as mine wouldn't always work when I just shoved it in. You have to show it some TLC.

BMW E92/Audi S3
My Navman dosnt like my cigarette lighter either, lighter itself works fine, it sucks.

Yes. Same. Have a NavMan and it doesnt always go all the way in. You have to twist it and push it until the little green light comes on