ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cigarette lighter/clock/stereo not working

MG ZR 160 VVC
My clio's cigarette lighter, clock and stereo have all decided to stop working at the same time but the engine starts fine and no other problems. Could this be a fuse?

any help appreciated

clio 172
Just bought an 2004 172 and had the same issue, these stopped working when I drove away from the seller...Any ideas

clio 172
It got dark before I could look, I only drove it home today. I figured it could be a fuse as my Sat Nav wouldn't charge and as I fiddled with it the Radio turned off.

Thought is might be a relay of some sort, as I have the 'Climate Control buzzing' which sounds like a broken relay??

A fuse and cleaning of the CC motor should solve this! That god for the Cliosport forum - The solution to all problems

Vauxhall Frontera
If it's not the fuse and all 3 items aren't working its unlikely to be a stereo fuse. Have you checked for a voltage at the fuse?

clio 172
Not as yet, I will have a proper look tomorrow with a volt meter, reading some other posts I think it is worth checking all the fuses.

clio 182 cup
hi guys,im having same problem but stereo works fine for half hour or so then beeps and goes to turn itself off!

Vauxhall Frontera
if the stereo beeps and goes off after 30 mins it is running off the battery alone and not receiving power from the altenator when the engine is turned on!

Renault Megane 2.0
if the stereo beeps and goes off after 30 mins it is running off the battery alone and not receiving power from the altenator when the engine is turned on!

Im having this exact problem at the moment, is it an easy/inexpensive thing to fix?

Vauxhall Frontera
i dont know what causes it afraid. im an aircraft electrical technician by trade and at the minute im trying to get a hold of the car wiring diagrams. if i do i shall try to come up with some solutions however without the fault and the car so i can get hands on i may be a bit limited as to how much help i can give!

Si

Clio Dci
Deffo a fuse.
I had this problem on my car ( lighter and clock wouldnt work and radio turned off after 20 mins ) and when I checked the fuse, it was ok. I then went through every single fuse and a totally irrelevant fuse had blown. Once I changed it, everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps.

clio 172
Yep, pluged in the connector block on the back of my radio:eek: worked its way loose, how I don't know as its a tight fit.

Always the simple things..........

clio 172
Yep, pluged in the connector block on the back of my radio:eek: worked its way loose, how I don't know as its a tight fit.

Always the simple things..........