ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cigarette Burm!

RenaultSport clio 182
Our Clio 182 is one month old today and my wife has just phoned to say that she has put a cigarette burn in the drivers seat by accident :mad: . God knows how she did it as its on the front of the seat where her back would rest.

Is it possible for the seat to be repaired (re-upholstered?) or would the whole seat need to be replaced?

Golf GTI 1.8T
its never an accident if you smoke it a car, its just a matter of time.....

might be able to get a repair jobby but I reckon it would probably be cheaper to buy a second hand seat than get it re-upholstered. not a place of my very limited experties so not sure....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
1. you let your wife drive your car?
2. you let your wife drive your car and smoke in it.... ?

:( unlucky mate. Alcantara isn't repairable as far as I know. And you don't want to know how much its going to cost to replace....

RenaultSport clio 182
1. Its our car and not 'my' car. We are both paying for it and it was bought for her to use anyway for her to get to work.

2. I'd rather she didn't smoke in it but she's an adult and I can't really stop her if she so wishes. Its normally me that damages our cars anyway LOL!

Oh well I guess I'd better have a search for a 2nd hand seat....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Gutted for you mate. Second hand seat is the way forward imo, cos Renault will rape you on a repair job!

Tyson.

clio 172 MKII
a new drivers seat cover is approx 800 quid - I had mine replaced last year on the insurance - dropped a fag on mine when I had a crash!!

172 Cup
amica said:
1. Its our car and not 'my' car. We are both paying for it and it was bought for her to use anyway for her to get to work.

2. I'd rather she didn't smoke in it but she's an adult and I can't really stop her if she so wishes. Its normally me that damages our cars anyway LOL!

Oh well I guess I'd better have a search for a 2nd hand seat....

there was a set of front seats in the for sale section for £399.

worth contacting a local furniture manufacturer, they would be able to do it and might not charge much. if you are anywhere near lye (stourbridge, dudley area) i know a man for the job.

RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for everyones help. Not sure I can afford £399 at the moment but I guess this forum is the best place to look for a 2nd hand seat once I do have some money.

Once again thanks for your help.

put a fag burn in the passenger seat in the exact same place, then at least they will match.

I've been lucky so far with smoking in my cars. Dropped my fags plenty of times, but never have they burnt the seats, usually end up on the floor.

Mégane RS
i remember on the old forum there was a company that did it for about £30, i saved the link but it no longer works

Mégane RS
just tried the link and it works, here are the details:

The companies called " Trimline " and they are mobile throughout the country , the Tel no. is 0870 1620625

Hope this is of help to people

106 GTi
I take it renault dont sell the parts of the seats seperatley? Some manufacters sell the indvidual covers for each part.

Like others have suggested try Chips away type places as they offer smart repairs to interiors as well as any local car upholsters and furniture trimmers.

BMW M3
I never smoke in my 182, but have done in the work pick up which is quite fancy.

On the motorway once while smoking, finished and chucked it out the window ( I know... littering, sorry.) but unknown to me it flew back in behind me and landed on the front passanger seat on top of a whole load of invoices. About 5 mins later i thought i could smell smoke, looked over and they was loads of it and the butt had disapeared into the seat lol.... had to pull over pretty quickly.

About a replacment seat... might be wrong but can you not buy one off a scrappy that has had a 172 or 182 in thats been written off. Not too sure how it works...

Mégane RS
yeah you could but make sure the side airbags havent gone off, not that you wouldnt notice that lol

Da

Less
sounds dodgy that she managed to burn the backrest of the seat! lol! Have you asked her yet mate?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Trimlines the company to call 0870 1620625 . They are franchised based company and really only do trade stuff ,all the dealerships use em to repair interiors . Cost me £40 to fix a cigarette burn and recolour the leather on the bolster .

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
when i bourght mine from a garage it had a burn in it so i told them to repair it before collection and they did a superb job!

rich

:clown: