ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cieling speakers running off LED and iPad - what do I need inbetween?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Hi all,

Havent been here for a while but know you lot are into the home tech stuff so hopefully can help

Basically I'm having a new kitchen built so doing everything from scratch so anything is possible as long as the setup is thought of before they build the walls etc.

So i'm planning of having 2 items.

1) 32" LED panel flush in the wall connected to a hidden sky box at the end of the room and using a magic eye thing to control

2) iPad/tablet also mounted flush in the wall for music, mrs to see cookery ingedients while cooking etc.

I would like both connected to ceiling speakers.

So question is, how would I get the TV and Ipad/Tablet connect to the ceiling speakers? And any other ideas gratefully recieved!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Or get an av amp, connect it to the tv, get one that has an iPod connection and you are covered in everything u want, connect roof speakers to amp... Sky box to amp, tv to amp, iPad to amp.

SQ5
But then everything he wants to do he needs to turn on everything else and not solely controlling using the iOS device.

Sonos and use the aux in for your TV, you'll then get the sky box through the tv audio out when your on the correct channel

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
But then everything he wants to do he needs to turn on everything else and not solely controlling using the iOS device.

Sonos and use the aux in for your TV, you'll then get the sky box through the tv audio out when your on the correct channel

What if say you want to play an iplayer video via the Ipad - would Sonos still make the sound out of the speakers?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
erm, pioneer 921, denon 1912 both have airplay as do most of their other amps...

SQ5
They do but then you have to flick between apps to change things around. And also you can't turn on the pioneer using the pioneer app only off!

SQ5
Lol at a f**king Harmony!

I've programmed one of these a customer specifically wanted it. We genuinely wrote we cannot guarantee it will work reliably on their quote. They are horrendous unless they've got a decent library set of IR codes for your device which is very rare and you can't edit any learnt in codes so they end up being flaky!

Had to leave them with double IR on their second HD box whenever they scrolled up down left or right.

For a cheap remote Nevo is the probably the lowest we'd supply but they're not bad. We mainly supply RTI now due to the only iPad control that genuinely works well, we've tried loads and they're all slow and clunky.

We s**t out when Philips stopped Prontos. And I'm never programming Crestron again as now everything can be done much simpler!

Malice - your making it difficult sticking an AVR in when it's not needed, the Sonos will run all music from your iTunes library anyway so it's only needed if someone else brings an iPad round as all the music on the iPad would be on their PC, which for £100 can be moved to a NAS drive!

And when I said amps above I meant the Sonos:Amp (previously ZP120)