ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chugging in wet.

Just finished playing football and bottom of the direvway up to the 5-a-side was flooded. Anyway gone through slowly in second and tried pulling out still in second and then put foot down, it started picking up and then starts "chugging" and looses power. I put it up into third and it carried on as normal plus the rest of the ride home was fine.

Anyway i've got a 2002 172 and lad who had it before me put a stupid exhaust on it.

If water gets into the exhaust are the symptoms above of what might happen or should i start worrying?

Any idea's?

PS: Just had 36k service + coil pack changed so surely it cannot be this.

Just finished playing football and bottom of the direvway up to the 5-a-side was flooded. Anyway gone through slowly in second and tried pulling out still in second and then put foot down, it started picking up and then starts "chugging" and looses power. I put it up into third and it carried on as normal plus the rest of the ride home was fine.

Anyway i've got a 2002 172 and lad who had it before me put a stupid exhaust on it.

If water gets into the exhaust are the symptoms above of what might happen or should i start worrying?

Any idea's?

Sounds like the lambeda sensor might have got wet or knocked if the problem continues get under the car near the cat and check the sensors are plugged in etc.

Thanks edde.

Getting a new exhaust fitted next Saturday so will get em to check the sensors then. Been fine this morning on way to work so probably is as you said.