ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chromes...

1.6 focus zetec....
As a few already know i have chrome and black konig wheels...I clean them with megs hot rims as often as possible and when i cleaned them after work today the chrome seems to be going a bit dull and isnt as shiney as before..anyone know how to get around this or also having this problem???

Thanks...
Kiza

106 GTi
Try cleaning them up with a mild polish like Autoglym Super Resin. If that works seal the shine in with a good sealant.

A silver Honda
Yeah they just need a good polish. The lip is not actually chrome just highly polished metal.

106 GTi
If thats is the case, go straight at the polished parts with a decent metal polish such as Autosol, and then finish up with a finer polish such as AG Super Resin.

1.6 focus zetec....
Cheers r-jay and remedi.... i read a few site's about cleaning chrome wheels and megs hot rims chrome wheel cleaner was mentioned! I use megs hot rims and wandered if this other product would be better with it being specific for chrome and would it affect the black spokes aswell?? Also after cleaning i stil noticed little teeny weeny black, brown and orange dots and thats after giving them a good scrub so any ideas of getting these of 'cos dont want to seal them marks in with auto-glym and a sealent?!?

Thanks again guys...
Kiza

106 GTi
Maybe try some clay to sort out those last specks. Ideally if they are a bare metal finish I would try and only use soapy water on them.