ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris's 182 on the Rollers

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
th_Chapter9.jpg

just doing some live mapping and testing..

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
192 iirc...

just manifold matched
smt6
panel filter
pro speed exhaust...

184 before the mapping

No more clio's for me!
How much/what does the match manifold add? Also, i'm possibly considering a chip, looking for improvements in the mid range, is there an option available that doesn't affect fuel economy (do far too many mile atm :()?

smt6 improved my fuel economy after manifold match, seemed to improve it more than I was originally doing with no mods.

I saw a 16bhp increase with manifold match, de-cat and smt6 at GDI...

That was running std exhaust, filter etc.

MKIII 138
Chris K said:
smt6 improved my fuel economy after manifold match, seemed to improve it more than I was originally doing with no mods.

I saw a 16bhp increase with manifold match, de-cat and smt6 at GDI...

That was running std exhaust, filter etc.

and the cost ? £1000 ??

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Sorry I don't know a lot about engines but whats a manifold match? Is it a new part or is the original one modified? As thats what it sounds like.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Sounds pretty good for sub £1k.

Does this cure the flat spot or do you need cams for this?

Do Chris have any further plans?

Tyson.

GTi
That's my car. VERY happy with the results. The throttle response is now much improved at low rev's and it now just keeps revving to the limiter....before it would tail off a bit at the top end.

I will be getting some Cams later this year when finances allow to hopefully get the magic 200 mark.....thanks again to Andy for all the work..top bloke.

Chris

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Why carnt you get the same gains from a remap as the SMT just effects the input signals into the ECU. Are the required parmeter outside the ECU range....

Surely it possible....

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Remap would work just as well afaik.

EVOgone said:
Why carnt you get the same gains from a remap as the SMT just effects the input signals into the ECU. Are the required parmeter outside the ECU range....

Surely it possible....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
EVO, no reason at all why a remap would not achieve the same results...

its simply another option.... and allows live mapping on the road and the rollers...

also its cheaper in the long run if you are going to do stage mods... i.e.

1.. manifold...

then

2... cams

etc
etc