ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chris' 182

clio 182
Looking good!

I hate those built not bought stickers, I'd say they'd be relevant if you built the car from the shell lol
haha thanks! it's not on her I was going to put it on the front bumper to cover a tiny crack so we shall see how it looks I'll update a photo this weekend and if it not good i will get it off!!

clio 182
so today I had a little touch up under the hood! long time coming this but finally did it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207317.631927.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207333.015252.jpg

had a few issues but managed to sort it all out [emoji6]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207223.789998.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207247.243380.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207272.644250.jpg

finally sander the lettering again to make it readable

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207389.437396.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207411.608463.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207180.056793.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207180.056793.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 39
  clio 182
What did you use in the rocker cover, brush on vht? Looks really good!
just used a brush mate, didn't risk taking it off as I was told it holds the cams in place also! just cleaned it up with wet and dry and painted it in place [emoji106]

2014 Clio 200t edc
just used a brush mate, didn't risk taking it off as I was told it holds the cams in place also! just cleaned it up with wet and dry and painted it in place [emoji106]

Ah right, might have to copy you then when it warms up. Makes such a difference to the engine!

clio 182
Ah right, might have to copy you then when it warms up. Makes such a difference to the engine!
just a pain to paint the aluminium! I went for a mottled affect by dabbing the paint brush on the paint as it dried, can get a close up photo if you want one? gave it all about 3 layers! I used a rattle can on the plenum/upper inlet tho and then sanded the lettering once dried

clio 182
spent the day at EFI today! had a great day and im pleased with my results compared to the rest! time to focus on saving for some good coils

Attachments

• kits.jpg
    kits.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 78
  clio 182
Not much happening at the minute! Got my hands on a cup spoiler which makes the car look a lot better! Few minor problems, but it's French what do you expect ;) hopefully ordering some GAZ coil overs for the front in March with my birthday money
image.jpg

Celica GT for now
That looks awesome, Apart from the Brake problem has it been reliable? I'm after a 172 myself and just wanting to see if they're reliable enough :)

I'd maybe paint the calipers blue to match the car colour, would look great behind the dark wheels I think :)

clio 182
That looks awesome, Apart from the Brake problem has it been reliable? I'm after a 172 myself and just wanting to see if they're reliable enough :smile:

I'd maybe paint the calipers blue to match the car colour, would look great behind the dark wheels I think :smile:
If im being honest, as many will say if you want reliability french isnt what you want! My list isnt as long as others tbh but its more than the brakes! Currently my power steering switch is leaking, last month new thermostat! Had a few little things but guess thats down to age of the car? I wouldnt change it for the world, doubt i will ever sell it most parts arent too bad to replace IMO! Major thing to look for would be cambelt and aux belt history, and service history!

Celica GT for now
If im being honest, as many will say if you want reliability french isnt what you want! My list isnt as long as others tbh but its more than the brakes! Currently my power steering switch is leaking, last month new thermostat! Had a few little things but guess thats down to age of the car? I wouldnt change it for the world, doubt i will ever sell it most parts arent too bad to replace IMO! Major thing to look for would be cambelt and aux belt history, and service history!
Nice one Chris thanks for the reply, we used to have a Clio DCi which lasted 6 years without any massive issues I was just curious as to if these are reliable given the power from them or any weak points but they seem fairly solid if looked after

I'll stop bugging you now lol

Cheers and keep up the good work :-D

clio 182
c6ccd6c84eef540b53ff6b3530278742.jpg

Just purchased 5x15" team dynamic pro race 1.2s! Need a refurb but all straight and no damage! Planning on getting them refurbed black with red writing ready or summer! Coilovers arrive tomorrow! All in all I'm having a happy birthday today [emoji106]

clio 182
Few more updates:
Here's the filter fitted, fits nicely not too snug

f68efd3659e60ba139eb94de00de2e19.jpg

My Gaz coils arrived which are about to be put on now

7bc50be1cce982bd8e69a5a5202f1c3d.jpg

And my team dynamic pro race 1.2s arrived

afdaab5d6d2f891251d132de0f357b42.jpg

Going to have them refurbed black with red writing and lace them with federal 595 Rs-r 195/50/15

clio 182
f4443be126023c2530ce655ec0ed7297.jpg

Coils are on, still toying with the ride high and dampening but they're a huge improvement already! Can't wait for a nice weekend away to Anglesey in the car