ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

choosing wax, first time!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Adam, have you considered vics concourse to fully up from collectors, I'm currently trying both on the LY and I personally think concourse has a slight edge but not much.

Wakz, Id say HD or supernatural hybrid both for about £25 will give a good mix of durability and finish

cheers lol i had actually already bought it anyway now :) will be interesting to see if its any different if not i dont mind because for the price the collectors was brilliant.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
interested to hear your opinions on Vics collectors and concourse.

I really wanted to test the concourse for durability as I've done more of the car using it than I did collectors, but it was so nice to use and the look it gave, I ended with up applying 4 coats of concourse over the space of a week. :eek: It was applied over a bse of lime prime that seemed to work well and give a lovely finish

Golf GT & A4 Avant
^ you referring to concourse Toby?

I'm trialling both concourse and collectors at the moment and currently would say beading is equal from both compared to SN hybrid, but not quite as tight as AG hd wax

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Vic is pretty fantastic but after comparing the beading/sheeting to some shield/glasur/ezyme you really see boutique waxes come into their own.

For the money vics is very very very good though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
one day I might venture into such premium waxes but I'm a long way off yet, if the two vics waxes can handle 3months + I'd be quite happy. SN hybrid was a bit disappointing in terms of durability after all the hype, but maybe that was down to me

Not a 320d
If its looks youre after then Vics Red is definately something you should consider. That over Blackhole, or a well corrected surface would look "the s**t" as they say.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
one day I might venture into such premium waxes but I'm a long way off yet, if the two vics waxes can handle 3months + I'd be quite happy. SN hybrid was a bit disappointing in terms of durability after all the hype, but maybe that was down to me

I have to be honest Dave 3 months is enough for any waxes... But the good waxes including cheaper and expensive waxes show how good they are by performing right up to the 3 months.

The sheeting of Glasur and Shield are simply on another level when compared with lesser waxes.

Gassing still gets my goat a little with Glasur but it's one of those things.

Not a 320d
I think its got a habbit of clogging up towels easily too. Maybe thats down to my incompetance. Did you recieve carbon yet gally?

Youll see why I like Carbon when it comes to regular waxing I hope.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm using the 2 vics over lime prime and pretty pleased with the finish.

I feel 3 months is a reasonable request, although SN hybrid struggled IMO as I struggle to find time to completely strip and re-apply the hole car.

Just rembered, AF Passion wax gave a beautiful finish over tripple to my front bumper, really brought it back to life as with all the stone chips etc it looked quite dull and tired. beading us very impressive still. another wax and panel I'm testing. Currently have 6 different combinations on the car

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i enjoy applying the wax so the durability isnt so much of an issue to me. but something is wrong here, i recieved my vics councours wax today opend it up and liquid spills out i look closely and theres liquid rissen to the top of the wax and it is very very soft basicly like mayonaise. is something wrong here?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
I'm lazy when it comes to wax so I just use poorboys quickwax because you can spray it on lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
i enjoy applying the wax so the durability isnt so much of an issue to me. but something is wrong here, i recieved my vics councours wax today opend it up and liquid spills out i look closely and theres liquid rissen to the top of the wax and it is very very soft basicly like mayonaise. is something wrong here?

Both my concourse and collectors were like this after I left them in the shed when it was hot. Let them cool down slowly then maybe stick it in the fridge for a few days and hopefully it should be OK, but they are VERY soft. Try and give it a quick mix prior to applying. This softness / wateryness allows it to spread a long way.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
okay il give that a try then never had anything like it with the collectors wax. il wack it in the fridge and see how it is in a few days then thanks

Waxamomo has 20% off dodo juice waxs at the mo. Great deal if u ask me. Would be lost without blue velvet wax. And now supernatural hybrid too

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
still hasnt set :( maybe a dodgy tub im sure il use it up but cant see it lasting half as long as my other tub

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It won't set like a normal hard paste wax IIRC, it will always be very soft but hopefully a lot of the liquid will be re-absorbed

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It won't set like a normal hard paste wax IIRC, it will always be very soft but hopefully a lot of the liquid will be re-absorbed

okay bud cheers for all the help bit dissapointed still but i shall see how well it lasts. dont think i will choose a soft wax again. im guessing the collectors wax isnt a soft wax then? as mine was nothing like this

Golf GT & A4 Avant
okay bud cheers for all the help bit dissapointed still but i shall see how well it lasts. dont think i will choose a soft wax again. im guessing the collectors wax isnt a soft wax then? as mine was nothing like this

Both my collectors and concourse went like that, very much the same very soft waxes in my experience

HBT 172 Cup
I was pretty new to wax's bought some Meguiars #26 Yellow tech paste wax, highly impressed with the finish and still beads lovely after waxing it 4 weeks ago, not bad for £12.