ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choosing a splitter....?

182FF & R26 F1
I have a 182 with a missing front splitter and i really think the front splitter makes the front look much better.

I would buy a Renault one but they are expensive.
I like the look of the streamline one but was wanting to get one for the weekend.
This just leaves me with the Ktec one... Now i have been told that the Ktec one is not proper carbon ? I would not really like an imitation carbon one when i could buy a proper carbon one from streamline for only £25 more.

If anyone can point me in the direction of finding other splitters or can offer some advice on the above that would be great.

Mark

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Does the K-tech one reach right back to the arches. Isnt it like an inch short either side?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
At least it fits!

If i was getting one i'd be getting a streamline but cup ftw

It does fit, it's just a bit short.
030-4.jpg

Renault Clio Sport 172
doesn't look good IMO , looks as if its off another car like a Fiat or a VW Polo , I might fit a Leon Cupra R one , at least it has some shape to it

Insignia SRi
Pug 307 splitter is a good choice if your on a budget and need one ASAP, walk into any dealer and pick one up for £30, its longer so you can trim it down for a spot on fit, being plastic compound you dont have to worry about stonechips, can be fitted in half hour!!

Storm Grey 200
doesn't look good IMO , looks as if its off another car like a Fiat or a VW Polo , I might fit a Leon Cupra R one , at least it has some shape to it

The carbon splitter looks as if its from another car? And your going to put a cupra on?

E87 118d M Sport
bought this from peugeot for £30. fitted in around an hour (including getting the car on axle stand etc)
had to cut around 4 inches off each end iirc, and drill a few holes into the bottom of the bumper.
looks good for a cheap alternative imho, and shouldnt break as easy as the standard ones. (not that i plan a curb kissing session lol) maybe consider a carbon fibre in the future, but tbh, it looks fine
SNV82153.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
I dont like the look of the pug ones, there a bit too deep imo,
The k-tec ones are a bit short,
The streamline carbon one (which i have) fits at the sides but you get the joint in the middle.
So OEM is probly the best choice. . .

Did you just go in to a Peugeot dealer and pic it up or did they have to order it in for you?

Looks the dugs dangles at that price.

That pug one looks spot on. I'm not a fan of the deep meggy ones or the seat ibiza ones folk fit, they look wrong.

E87 118d M Sport
pics pics pics =D (o and make sure you get the gap RIGHT in the middle, or it will look poo)

ive also got some black silicone that i was guna apply from behind, but the gap is so slight you cant see it

E87 118d M Sport
£37.50 inc VAT. Did yours come with fittings etc? If not what did you all need to do the job.

yeah they could well of gone up in price. uh no mine was just the 2 parts in a polythene bag. no fittings no, so i just used some self tappers and some washers that were bigger than the small rectangles that you put the screws through. this way it would hold on for sure!
gimme a shout if you have any problems

Sometimes I think it is a bit OTT, but still love the look and flexability i.e. not scared of hitting it on a curb!

IMG_4376.gif

Anyone delt with the website above? Nicedeals.co.uk

Ordered last week, they took the money. Got confirmation of payment but no order confirmation.

Said would take 2-3 days. Seems a tade suspect.