ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choking 172

CS172
First of all sorry if there is any topic that explains problem like this...I couldn't find it.

The problem is: In the morning when engine is cold it needs too much time to start. When it became even worse I went to service and they replaced a crnakshaft sensor. After that the problem was less but it was still present. At computer diagnosis there are no mistakes, and the battery is brand new.

Also, that was obviusly the start of the problem. With hot day something very annoying started to happen. Only in hight temperatures and when engine is idleing (in rush hour) it just begins to choke until it turns off completely. Starting it again is very hard...and a couple of times it wouldnt start at all until I cool the engine a litlle bit.

At the service they told me that I might have to change the whole throttle body..

Does anyone know what to do...ar has anyone heard or had problem like this...

Thanks in advance...

No need to mention that I am pretty pissed off..I hate phantom problems...good old phase I with cable throtlle control...

CS172
It crossed my mind...but I'm not sure...

Where is that sensor located...can I clean it or something?

CS172
Yes..the electricity charge converter (if that is the correct name) has been repalced recently also..

CS172
Nobody else?

Well, I had a consultation with some friends...and one actually had a same problem...only solution seems to be to change the complete throttle body..

Tomorrow I will order a brend new one...God knows how much euros di the want for that...

Will let you know if that was the solution...