ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choice of polish

Hello all

I've got a flame red sport an at the moment in using meguiars ultimate polish and wax but I've just found out I can get autoglym products pretty cheap through work would their srp and egp give better results then the meguiars on my colour car?

Thanks
Chris.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Might be better off getting autoglym HD wax than egp.

Not sure on how they compare but I really like ultimate polish, used it a few times by machine and it adds great gloss and removes a lot of light swirls.

Yeah I like the ultimate but I'm getting low and didn't know how autoglym would compare

I always thought the hd was to expensive when I saw it in halfords I'll have to get a price through work and see how much it is. Would I still need to use something like egp with the hd

Honda & VW
It really depends how cheap you can get the AG products for and also what you'd rather get from a product. For instance are you looking for best results or cheapest means of getting a half decent finish?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Is it?

It's a bloody good product, the best though? Nope. Also an AIO.

Last edited:
It really depends how cheap you can get the AG products for and also what you'd rather get from a product. For instance are you looking for best results or cheapest means of getting a half decent finish?

Both really lol but I know that's not possible. I've been happy with the Meg's but I thought if I can get as good a finish with the autoglym stuff and it's cheaper then why not save some money. Price wise.

The HD wax is about £30
1lt of srp is £9
Egp 500ml is £6.95

With the HD wax do you still need to use egp after or is the HD wax a sealant? I've never really looked in to it.

Honda & VW
Both really lol but I know that's not possible. I've been happy with the Meg's but I thought if I can get as good a finish with the autoglym stuff and it's cheaper then why not save some money. Price wise.

The HD wax is about £30
1lt of srp is £9
Egp 500ml is £6.95

With the HD wax do you still need to use egp after or is the HD wax a sealant? I've never really looked in to it.

No offence but going by what you've just said I take it you are fairly new to all this?
HD Wax is (hard not to come across patronising here) is indeed a Wax

EGP is a polish therefore would never be used after a Wax.

No offence but going by what you've just said I take it you are fairly new to all this?

Yeah I'm Farley new and not really sure what goes first wax sealant polish n so forth the Meg's I use said use polish then their wax which is what I've always done so that's as far as my knowledge goes with it really.

Had a quick read up at work and they don't seem to say use anything else with the HD wax if it's a wax wouldn't you use a polish first? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've ordered the HD wax already got a clay bar kit is there anything else I should get? The cars a daily, don't go to any shows and we have a dusty yard at work so just after something to give a nice shine

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah I'm Farley new and not really sure what goes first wax sealant polish n so forth the Meg's I use said use polish then their wax which is what I've always done so that's as far as my knowledge goes with it really.

Had a quick read up at work and they don't seem to say use anything else with the HD wax if it's a wax wouldn't you use a polish first? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've ordered the HD wax already got a clay bar kit is there anything else I should get? The cars a daily, don't go to any shows and we have a dusty yard at work so just after something to give a nice shine

Shampoo polish sealant then wax
Job done

BMW E46 330i Touring

EGP isn't a polish.

RB Clio 182
Also if you want your car totally spotless and to feel like glass, then clay it after you have washed and rinsed it, before polishing (srp)

Also if you want your car totally spotless and to feel like glass, then clay it after you have washed and rinsed it, before polishing (srp)

I've used clay in the past but just ordered a new kit when I ordered the HD. Had a look in the garage I've not got any srp but found a bottle of uds I bought a long time ago but only used a couple of times. I've had a read and it seems you can use that before HD wax with pretty good results has anyone on here tried this?

RB Clio 182
I tried that stuff and it basically welds itself to the paint. Use with caution!!

You ever used this...

simoniz-original-wax-hi.jpg

This should say... SIMONIZ ORIGIONAL WAX with natural concrete!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
LOL I used that years ago, a great example of far too much carnuba content and very little solvent!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
One panel at time and it's just about useable but my mate did the whole car in the sun, was hilarious!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Apologies, I saw EGP being mentioned after Wax but read it thinking SRP.

yestersay was a day of mistakes.... Went and put petrol in my diesel company vehicle

Ouch. Mrs did that to my car a year ago weeks after I'd bought it - luckily noticed before she drove away.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Not to spam but I thought this was going to be a thread about which local hand car wash you should use and was looking forward to a most interesting read.

Used them today and I was really impressed with it shame I didn't have more time

mydybu6y.jpg

6ezysysa.jpg

I know it's not perfect but it's a start got a week off soon so will put more time into it then