ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipsaway

3.0ltr V6

Having the man in a van from Chipsaway coming to fix my car today. Just waiting for him to arrive. £90 its costing to paint my front offside wing due to a large stone or something clipping it. Got to have it done as my V6 is immaculate and cant have blemishes on it can we :D

Sorry I cant remember who it was but thanks to the guy who recommended Chipsaway.

Sinclair C5

you might not be thanking the guy who put you onto them when the chipsway guy turns up with a brillo pad and some boiled sweets.

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 04 August 2005

Dont say that warine! Ill let you know what happens.......
he he he !

I have a slight dent in the bonnet (Renault machanics for you) and one in the drivers door, both the size of a pea i estimate, how much do you reckon to get them sorted ? they annoy me everytime i celan my car thats why it stays dirty.

3.0ltr V6

Well I have a guy thats sorts that for me and he charges me £30 dependant of size of dent. £30 was for quite a nice sized dent so maybe cheaper. Where abouts are you?

106 GTi

I hope he sorts it for you, I don want to worry you but the guy that came to do my old car failed badly and made it look worse than it did before. Ended off wiping the paint off leaving filler and sanding makes and gone through laquer as well as the origional scratch. On the other hand the dent guy is fanatastic. As long as you get a good skilled one you shold be fine.

cock mobile.

I had ChipsAway repair my bumber after my bro scrapped his car against it and he did a top job! Would certainly recommended him again!

The only thing is that they are a franchise so it just depends if you get a decent or crap bloke (or girl), nothing really to do with the company.

it depends on how critical you are - you will always be able to tell.

the best way is to have the panel completely painted - not just a local blended in. and even then there will always be a tell tale sign of the repair.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

getting it sorted out for the road trip? ;)

ive just had about 6 dents taken out of mine for £40! bargain!

artic blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 04 August 2005

getting it sorted out for the road trip? ;)

ive just had about 6 dents taken out of mine for £40! bargain!
6 dents for 40 quid that is good:) i was quoted 75 a ding on my old dynamique...who done it for that clarkie???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I usually get charged
£35+vat per panel, irrespective of how many dents.
I always use dentmagic who are a national franchise.

3.0ltr V6

Yep Paul. Thought I would get it lookin good for ya ;)

Mind you, the guy hasnt turned up yet? Buggers.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

a panel beater from hartlepool done mine! one in passenger rear 1/4 2 in passenger door and about 3 in drivers door! £40. hes apanel beater and then on a night and weekends just does jobs on the side! 07944449293 STEVE but he only does Middlesbrough sort of area

3.0ltr V6

Awww didnt mean it clarkie! £30 I get charged but thats per dent, not for a bunch of them. :eek:

Chipsaway man here at 2pm yeay!!!!!!

193 mk2

for dents that havent broken the paint i would go to a company called dent devils they r wicked lol i had a seam dent on my passenger door and about 6 bloody safway dings as i call them & the guy came and sorted all in about an hour. cost me £ 120. he must b bloody minted, but he did a very good job u cant tell they were ever there!

3.0ltr V6

CHipsaway man here! Looks as though I have one that knows what hes doing! Keep you posted peeps.......

3.0ltr V6

im at work at the moment. I cant go and wash my car now, the boss might moan, lol. Im sure ive got some good pics at home. Will download a couple tonight! Youll see it soon anyway wont you clarkie! ;)

Had chipsaway to look at my front bumber on V6. Said he wouldnt do it as when they paint on anything but metal, the paint in that area will chip off a lot easier and eventualy it will look worse then the original scratch.

3.0ltr V6

My chipsaway man didnt say that. He said that I couldnt was that area of the car for 2 weeks to let the paint work settle but didnt say anything about what youve mentioned Pinhead. Their work should be guaranteed anyway so maybe he couldnt be bothered. :confused: