ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chips Away Alloy repairs?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Just wondering if anyone has used chips away for repairing alloys. Mines have a few deep scuffs but overall arent that bad to merit a full refurbishment at the moment. Just wanted to get an idea of how good the chips away service is and likely costs so i can compare with the costs of a full refurbishment.

A shiny black one.
When I got a quote for my old clio and it was £50 per wheel with only a few minor scuffs on each wheel. The Chips away guy even said I'd be better off going for a full refurb.

When I bought my r26, I got the dealer to get a wheel done by chips away, and to be pretty honest it's not anywhere near as good as a full refurb.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I had my old wheels repaired by chipsaway and was really suprised by the results - you'd honestly struggle to tell (mine were kerbed). Only problem was the cost as I think they were £45 each to repair which is refurb prices. Results held up well but i did notice a tiny bit of paint rubbing off on the sponge when cleaning. Main selling point for me was the fact that you didnt need to take the wheels off or wait longer than 10 hours for the repair...

Mine had some light scuffing on them, had them and you couldn't tell the difference, repair was quality, pretty sure it was only £25 as well.