ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipped 182

182 FF Arctic
Had my 182 chipped yesterday & I have to say what a difference it's made it pulls really well low down & right through the gears

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Had my 182 chipped yesterday & I have to say what a difference it's made it pulls really well low down & right through the gears

if who ever mapped your car did so by removing the Eprom chip from the ecu, installed a map and then fitted either the same eprom chip (if its re writeable) or a new eprom they need shooting.

why would you "chip" a modern car when it can be mapped through the OBD2?

it makes no sense, unless they like practising precision soldering?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It hasnt been chipped then has it :/

So they flashed the map on did they?

So you went for a generic map then?

Any rollers involved ?

Cost etc?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Generic map, yes

Cost, mates rates

Rollers, don't care

Car any quicker? ;)

placebo effect, car will probably have had the ignition timing advanced by about 1.5 to 2 degress. unless of course you have had your limiter raised, in which the case the cells that govern the length of the injector pulses probably havent been altered to suit and your car will go bang. so im looking forward to "help my car has blown up and i dont know why" thread.

Picky git arnt you..

yes, yes i am.

people need to learn the correct terms for things. otherwise mis conceptions become common knowledge and i end up reading threads that dont make sense, (because of lack of knowledge) or i end up at car meets and shows with people talking absolute crap to me causing me head ache.

:nono:

Turbo LY R27
placebo effect, car will probably have had the ignition timing advanced by about 1.5 to 2 degress. unless of course you have had your limiter raised, in which the case the cells that govern the length of the injector pulses probably havent been altered to suit and your car will go bang. so im looking forward to "help my car has blown up and i dont know why" thread.

yes, yes i am.

people need to learn the correct terms for things. otherwise mis conceptions become common knowledge and i end up reading threads that dont make sense, (because of lack of knowledge) or i end up at car meets and shows with people talking absolute crap to me causing me head ache.

Think your giving everyone a headache tbh. You knew what he meant.

racing blue 182 cup

yes, yes i am.

had all my n/a cars remapped & driven hard, never had a problem of it going bang