ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip Help Required!!

I bought a star chip on the weekend. its out of a r19 but will fit the clio. took the old chip out and replaced it with the new one. put the pcb back in the car tried to start it up and it wouldnt fire up. it was turning over but there was no ignition. So i took the star chip out and put the old chip back in but with the same problem. Took the pcb back out and had a look at, there seems to be no damage to the board or tracks that i can see. ive worked with pcbs before in work so know what im doing! does anything need to be reset like the immobiliser. has anyone fitted a chip themselves as i need to know if it was straight forward. or do i need to find a new ecu.

i remember reading a thread on here ages ago about the same problem, i think bobRTE solved it,it was down to the fact that one car has a n immobiliser and another doesnt (may not be exactly right, cant remember it precisely) - search and youl find it

clio williams, Ph1 172

Could be that maybe. I just gave up and got a new ecu off my mate. got the old one with no chip in here if anyone wants to have a look at it.

Ah well, live and learn! now my exams are done i can start looking for a new ecu, any ideas. anyone got one they dont need?????

clio williams, Ph1 172

Cars a 93 and the 19 was a 93.

I got ABS too and that works fine. Not sure if the 19 had abs but its been on the car for months now and been perfect.