ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip for 172

Clio 1.6 16V

Quote: Originally posted by pete on 28 July 2003

Crap and look faster than they are. have noticed that all the men that drive them are always fat:devilish: so need the extra power to make up for it.

But if you are a lard ass you wont notice the difference http://www.smilies.nl/dieren/elefant.gif LOL

The Superchip is probably OK if you are running standard. Im going for a Unichip so that my mods are tuned in correctly.

How much for Unichip? Having decat and sealed induction sorted this week and itd be good to get the most out of them.

Ive superchipped my cup. Havent had it dynod yet, so dont know what the quantifyable difference is, but it feels even more responsive - more torquey. Im using 3rd far more at 40-45mph, where before i would have used 2nd to ensure I got a quick burst in. I can spin the wheels in 3rd in the wet now, too, which I couldnt before (tried lots).

I imagine that their 8-10bhp gain is an exaggeration - Im still waiting for my local RR to be fixed so I can get the facts. All I know is that I rarely drive at full throttle any more - plenty quick enough at 80%.

Oh, and its easily reversible, too, becuase its a simple flashed remap - when you get it done, they give you a memory card thingy with your original map on it, so if you get into warranty bother you can £50 to have it reflashed back to standard. I found that reassuring, but others will prefer the fact that other ECUs can handle other engine mods where the superchip map is just one fixed file.

Paid £293 inc vat & fitting at Demon Tweeks - I think the pricing is fixed by superchips.

Do you think I should get Superchips for my 1.6 dynamique?

Im not adding any other mods apart from air filter element.

They cant be all that bad apart from the exageration