ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chemical guys butter wet wax

Anyone used this before? it looks like a really good quality wax to give an ultimate wet look to the paint, which is what im really after.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
what colour? XXX is good and 50/50 supposed to be good

106 GTi
Had a sample from Mr Brazo, looked alike to Nattys in looks, much prefered the look of Souveran, P21s and CG 50/50 to name but a few to it.

what colour? XXX is good and 50/50 supposed to be good

Its a 9 colour flip paint. The trouble is that in some light conditions it goes really bright yellow, gold, pink. But when the suns at certain angles it goes a very dark green and purple.

When its overcast and the sun isnt out it just looks like oil when mixed with water that you see on the road after its been raining.

A lot of waxes are designed for dark, or light colours so i need to find one that can cater for all types of paint colour/shade.

106 GTi
1st choice - P21s gets my vote, best all rounder on all colours from dark to light, flat to metallic.

Pinnacle Siganature also is worth a look.

Natty's wax will give a clear wet look, but lacks the depth of the two above.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
tbh id repaint racing blue with stripes alot easier!!!! :rasp:
im not biased in anyway wotsoeva

Butter wax is a great wet look wax, however durability isn't very good. I personally think of it as a show wax, and looks good on any colour.

Really depends on what you want from a wax, max bling look, durability or a bit of each.

Of the Chemical Guy's products I'd say the XXX hardcore for reasonably good looks and 2 month durability, 50/50 for bling looks for a week or so, then it tones down a little but lasts 2-3 months (still looks good but not quite as good as first week). Max bling has to be the butter wet wax, but durability is measured in days in summer and hours in wet/winter.

From here it also depends on what sort of price you want to pay for a wax, some of the high end waxes (Zymol or Swissol) will give the max look with great durability, however these do require their own cleaning/cleanse products before to ensure the best possible results.

Finally the end result is only as good as the preperation, even on Rage paints.

clio 182 black /gold
I have used this. The only thing is that the finish seems to be not as shinny in a few days. When it is applied it is a real goo sheen.
DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF0981.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^JD probably isn't all that good for your paint. I've got the Wet glaze! ^ Good!

106 GTi
50/50 is a great product, on par with Pinnacle Souveran in looks and ease of use for half the price. Roll on sumer so I can use it again.

XXX goes on and off and looks akin to Poorboys Nattys wax nothing special IMO.