ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheers, Another Mexican pal!

clio sport 172hp
Hi guys!!
I hope you`re doing fantastic.
I'm glad I can be part of this spectacular forum. I´m from Monterrey Mexico. I`ve just bought a renaul clio sport 2004. We know this car as "special edition series" due to xenon lights, climatronic, automatic lights control and some other stuff.
I took me few years to get one. I was really happy when I made the deal, no expensive at all and really good shape and conditions.

however as you know.. when a car "feels" the new owner or as we said in Mexico "feels the new Foot" bad things start to come up.
Sadly we don't have good mechanics for these cars, the only "qualified" guys are from the local dealer and is extremely expensive. (just an example throttle body can cost you 820 usd plus taxs...) insane!!.

I fixed the back door, the lock-unlock actuator costs 300 usd.. I did the repaired for less than 10.
the fixing list started
-xenon lights
-belt
-lights cleaners
-belt tensioner
-stop lights
-hood
-and change some parts of the loom wiring from the ECU to few sensors..

By the way I still have the annoying throttle pedal failure!!! hate THAT!!

at the very end, I change the terminals on the battery and guess what???
climatronic got busted!!!!! pufff!!!! on dash`s display (radio info, time and ambient temp) got reset.

Now the temperature Celsious letter "Cº" is flashing constantly and I cant get set as I can do with the time.
the Cº letter keeps flashing and I thing climatronic wont start without ambient temperature reference. Am I right?:dapprove:

do you guys know anything about this failure?? anyone?

any help will be really appreciate.

Cheers
Edgar

:cool: