ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Checkpoint Vs. SonicWall Vs. Juniper

I've been asked about Checkpoint firewalls a few times recently and wondered what the biggie with them was?

I've done alot of work with SonicWall and Juniper gear but not Checkpoint.

They the same...or worlds appart?

Polo GTi
We use Nokia/Checkpoint for all our hosted stuff and it has never let us down and worked perfectly for all the time I have worked here but we use Sonicwall for our Offices both in the UK and US and they are the biggest pile of crap I have ever used, and the support is terrible, we have PRO 4060's, they have been a nighmare from start to finish.

We are looking at throwing the Sonicwalls out and replacing with Checkpoints this quarter, from my experience the checkpoints are perfect and are light years ahead of the sonicwall stuff I've used.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Depends what you are responsible for doing on them. I wouldn't know about the differences regarding an installation from scratch but day to day policy management and debugging they are very similar. Infact, I would say the Checkpoint GUI's are a little nicer than the Juniper equivilant. No concept of zones in Checkpoint too. Took me a while to understand the zones, especially on a multi-vsys Juniper environment.