ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

checking fuel pressure on 182

clio 182
Hi guys,

My 04 182 is struggling to start these days, I had a mechanic look at it and he checked the fuel pressure (at the fuel rail i think). How is this done and does the fuel rail guard need to come off?

Reason i ask is when i had a look for myself i noticed the guard was loose so i removed it to find one bolt sheared and the other nut loose. :dapprove: Has this been the mechanic and can i just remove sheared bolt and replace?

after a search im now on the look out for this infamous tdc sensor for a good clean!:mad:

Cheers for the help!

Clio 172,Focus rs
Hello, first step remove the airbox then, look toward the bottom right -hand side of the engine you will se a "T" shaped artifact with a connector. This would be your TDC sensor.
Hope this helps

Lionel Richie
won't be the fuel pressure, its very rare the pumps go, i've only ever done 3 or 4

more likely to the the TDC or plugs