ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

check injection light. revving. after dead battery

Clio
hello clio lovers!
I had a problem with my wee clio (2011 dynamic dci) where it just died. It was driving fine and I got out for 5 mins and when I got back it was dead.
turned out it was the battery. complete battery death. ok.
but since the new battery went in, im getting a warning light- check injection. and as time went on the revs went sky high. ive been round the houses trying to find a mechanic with the computer to check. today got one, and no fault was detected. it's been awful to drive at this stage. revving up and pulling away when driving. the mechanic said disconnect the battery as it only started when the last one died. he disconnected it for 30 seconds and then the car drove fine. the light did come on, and it revved up a bit once.
has anyone heard of this. I only bought the car in June and I NEED it to drive to work which is 50 miles away.

HELP!!!

Clio
hello clio lovers!
I had a problem with my wee clio (2011 dynamic dci) where it just died. It was driving fine and I got out for 5 mins and when I got back it was dead.
turned out it was the battery. complete battery death. ok.
but since the new battery went in, im getting a warning light- check injection. and as time went on the revs went sky high. ive been round the houses trying to find a mechanic with the computer to check. today got one, and no fault was detected. it's been awful to drive at this stage. revving up and pulling away when driving. the mechanic said disconnect the battery as it only started when the last one died. he disconnected it for 30 seconds and then the car drove fine. the light did come on, and it revved up a bit once.
has anyone heard of this. I only bought the car in June and I NEED it to drive to work which is 50 miles away.

HELP!!!

bumping.

Clio

just thought id come on and fill in what happened.

when the new battery was fitted a wee clip on the got knocked... that's it. fixed in half a second with one finger and cost nothing.