ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest price for professional tinting?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I didn't think you could tint the front windscreen legally and you have to have no more than 30% tints in the front windows and no more than 70% tints in the read windows.

Clio MK 4
Windscreen is illegal to tint. Back 3 can be as dark as you like front 2 have to let through at least 70% of light. Which basically means you can't tint them as they let through about 70/80% from standard

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its around 200 quid up here,ive seen it for 75 but you get what you pays for with this

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I didn't think you could tint the front windscreen legally and you have to have no more than 30% tints in the front windows and no more than 70% tints in the read windows.
The windscreen can be tinted, it needs to let through 75% light.

Mk1 Maxim Sport

Well when i got pulled by a traffic cop for havin limo black on me front windows lol he said the front two have gotta let 73% light, the windscreen cant be done at all an the back 3 can be however dark u like. Good thing is though his testing machine to see how illegal mine work had no battery so i got off scott free lol.

Saxo - rebuildin mk1 clio
got 5 windows tinted slightly darker than what they should have been cost 80 but i know a few people from london aresa it cost around 50 to 100 more for them.
xxshellxx<3

Saxo - rebuildin mk1 clio
got 5 windows tinted slightly darker than what they should have been cost 80 but i know a few people from london aresa it cost around 50 to 100 more for them.
xxshellxx<3

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I got all my windows and a sunstrip for £150 as a guide for you buddy

Where dya get that done cause seein as im only in preston id happily pay that.
Apex autotints in Bury, if you search google maps they come up with contact details for you.

Well when i got pulled by a traffic cop for havin limo black on me front windows lol he said the front two have gotta let 73% light, the windscreen cant be done at all an the back 3 can be however dark u like. Good thing is though his testing machine to see how illegal mine work had no battery so i got off scott free lol.
Yeah when I got pulled over the policeman said that to me 1st, I corrected him and told him to check it with VOSA, according to VOSA the back windows can be tinted to any amount, the front windows have to let through atleast 70% light and the windscreen has to let through atleast 75% light.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
fair enough, i like to have a laugh proving coppers wrong cause they dont take kindly to it lol. Cheers mate ill have a search for that now, they do a good job of the tints???

Just found em i think, is it Prestige Auto Tints in Bury?? theres one in Southport which is just round corner from me so ill go get a quote off them, cheers mate.

Last edited:

nikstar

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You cant tint windscreen and if you put any tint on the front 2 windows it will be over the legal requirment, I have just done a proffesional tinting course and that what i have been told. I have 50% film on the front of mine and it really isnt much darker than standard but if tested with a light meter it will be illegal. To be honest the there isnt many police carry light meters around my area and its still very clear to see driver day or nite

As for price you should be looking at £140 to £150 for a 3dr

PS I am in process of setting up a tint shop so if anyone is interested in the Newcastle area PM me for a price.

Im sure the front windscreen can be tinted (well you used to be able to) but the law may have changed recently im not 100% sure

Oops just read it properly you obviously cant now!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
fair enough, i like to have a laugh proving coppers wrong cause they dont take kindly to it lol. Cheers mate ill have a search for that now, they do a good job of the tints???

Just found em i think, is it Prestige Auto Tints in Bury?? theres one in Southport which is just round corner from me so ill go get a quote off them, cheers mate.
its called APEX IIRC I've not used prestige I dont think.