ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place for refurbished calipers?

Ph2 Clio 172
My burn finger confirms one of my rear calipers is binding. What's the best place for a refurbished one? I've found them for £88 with a £12 rebate so far.

mk1 Octavia VRS
That from brakeparts.co.uk? That's probably the best option. Another option would be to send your calipers off to bigg red for refurbishment, I think it's around £100 + postage for a pair of calipers and carriers.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah brakeparts.

I've not found anything cheaper, and can't be without my car for long so sending them off isn't an option.

I would have thought the cheapest will be to buy a rear caliper and send it to Bigg Red if you really want a refurbed unit. That does seem a good price though if it's £66 delivered to you. Second hand caliper £10-20 delivered from a private breaker. Get them to post it straight to Bigg Red for refurb.

Or you could buy the seals kit and do both rear calipers yourself for ~ £26.

Last edited: