ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap trophy project?!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Been written off from what i can see with impact at front and back -

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?520190-Aurevoir-Clio-Trophy

Taken From ClioTrophy -

"The guy selling this is a tool, i phoned him yesterday to organise buying the car today (for £2200 it was advertised at £2500), this morning i found i was unable to make it today so i phoned him and said i would send him a £100 deposit (and as long as it is as described) i will get the car tomorrow, he then said he had 10 people viewing the car today and he didn't want a deposit - first come first served, said he had over 100 people call about the car and 4 or 5 that have viewed it, i explained to him if i didn't come tomorrow for the car he could keep the £100 deposit, again he said he doesn't want a deposit and just call him tomorrow, i explained i didn't want to make arrangements to find out he had sold the car and again he said no to taking a deposit and holding the car for 24 hours, i just said i would leave it.

Ive just checked my ebay and found the add has expired and he has a new add up for £2000, this is around 3 hours after i told him i would leave a deposit for the car. IMO there is something wrong with this car and when people go to view it they are seeing more issues than listed with it and thats why he wouldn't take my deposit because he knows i will see something i don't like when i go to get the car."

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Ex 182 owner
... Anyone actually know if the Sachs are still on it? the rears are also Sachs so technically his advert may not be incorrect. Just economical with the truth the sus dept. wonder if that's the walk away factor.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 trophy
... Anyone actually know if the Sachs are still on it? the rears are also Sachs so technically his advert may not be incorrect. Just economical with the truth the sus dept. wonder if that's the walk away factor.
Likely as even secondhand they are around 50% of the value of the car being sold.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Been written off from what i can see with impact at front and back -

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?520190-Aurevoir-Clio-Trophy

Taken From ClioTrophy -

"The guy selling this is a tool, i phoned him yesterday to organise buying the car today (for £2200 it was advertised at £2500), this morning i found i was unable to make it today so i phoned him and said i would send him a £100 deposit (and as long as it is as described) i will get the car tomorrow, he then said he had 10 people viewing the car today and he didn't want a deposit - first come first served, said he had over 100 people call about the car and 4 or 5 that have viewed it, i explained to him if i didn't come tomorrow for the car he could keep the £100 deposit, again he said he doesn't want a deposit and just call him tomorrow, i explained i didn't want to make arrangements to find out he had sold the car and again he said no to taking a deposit and holding the car for 24 hours, i just said i would leave it.

Ive just checked my ebay and found the add has expired and he has a new add up for £2000, this is around 3 hours after i told him i would leave a deposit for the car. IMO there is something wrong with this car and when people go to view it they are seeing more issues than listed with it and thats why he wouldn't take my deposit because he knows i will see something i don't like when i go to get the car."

I doubt that's the reason he doesn't want a deposit from that guy tbh!
It sounds like a price was agreed, the buyer moved the goal posts and in that time, the seller has had 10+ calls from potential buyers wanting to view, so may be able to actually get the £2,500 he wanted.
Hence why he wants the buyer to call back tomorrow.
Always makes me laugh, when people can't honour their end of an agreement, but expect the other person to.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
God what a sh*tbox - i would only be interested in that if I was a breaker.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like a price was agreed, the buyer moved the goal posts and in that time, the seller has had 10+ calls from potential buyers wanting to view, so may be able to actually get the £2,500 he wanted.
Always makes me laugh, when people can't honour their end of an agreement, but expect the other person to.

Totally agree to be honest... Have had this several times myself when selling cars.
As a seller, I'm hardly likely to hold a car for someone who hasn't seen it, if I have 10 viewings the day before the other party may, or may not turn up.

Personally don't think it would take that much to get it looking good if you know what you're doing, though agree it doesn't look too inspiring in it's current state!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Apart from the obvious attraction as a breaker- if your looking for a track car starting with a shell etc then its a reasonable proposition-

You would get about £400 in the seats if you retrimmed the knackered bit
Wheels £400 & spoiler £300 -
suspension a few £££ so net as a base car it could be a good start-....

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0

That was me that wanted to view the car, The only goal post that was moved was 24hours on the time.
the order of events -
Monday i phoned to organise viewing the car the next evening at around 7-8pm
Tuesday morning i found i was unable to make it that day so phoned up at 8am and said i couldn't make it but could make it on Wednesday and would pay £100 deposit and if i didn't turn up he can keep the £100, he then said he had 5 people the car that day and he wouldn't hold it (now remember i had organised to go that evening - he was not holding it for me at that time which is why i said i would pay a deposit) Then around 3 hours later i notice he has made a new add for £2000 - i was going to buy the car for £2200.

IMO there is something wrong with this car, why would you not accept a £100 deposit and a sale of £2200 ? and instead end his add at £2500 and realist at £2k ?

In defence of the seller i think he was being kind, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with this car and when he found out how far away we were coming from he said he wouldn't take a deposit, and that is because (imo) he didn't want us to travel a few hundred miles to view something that is a piece of s**t - if the seller is reading this - Thanks!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
Apart from the obvious attraction as a breaker- if your looking for a track car starting with a shell etc then its a reasonable proposition-

You would get about £400 in the seats if you retrimmed the knackered bit
Wheels £400 & spoiler £300 -
suspension a few £££ so net as a base car it could be a good start-....

It wouldn't be worth it, probably break even or a couple of hundred profit if you were lucky. It's got no mods that people want so bar the trophy bits is just as difficult to shift the parts of as any other 182

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It wouldn't be worth it, probably break even or a couple of hundred profit if you were lucky. It's got no mods that people want so bar the trophy bits is just as difficult to shift the parts of as any other 182

It wasn't for me qwith a view for profit, it was with a view for buying & stripping & ending up with an essentially free 'base' car for track.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That was me that wanted to view the car, The only goal post that was moved was 24hours on the time.
the order of events -
Monday i phoned to organise viewing the car the next evening at around 7-8pm
Tuesday morning i found i was unable to make it that day so phoned up at 8am and said i couldn't make it but could make it on Wednesday and would pay £100 deposit and if i didn't turn up he can keep the £100, he then said he had 5 people the car that day and he wouldn't hold it (now remember i had organised to go that evening - he was not holding it for me at that time which is why i said i would pay a deposit) Then around 3 hours later i notice he has made a new add for £2000 - i was going to buy the car for £2200.

IMO there is something wrong with this car, why would you not accept a £100 deposit and a sale of £2200 ? and instead end his add at £2500 and realist at £2k ?

In defence of the seller i think he was being kind, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with this car and when he found out how far away we were coming from he said he wouldn't take a deposit, and that is because (imo) he didn't want us to travel a few hundred miles to view something that is a piece of s**t - if the seller is reading this - Thanks!

Fair one