ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap induction Kit

Clio 182
Hey all,

I was in a car spares shop today an found a Universal Induction Kit for £40. I need a new filter so for an extra £20 why not just get a whole kit?

Or could I lose power if it's a cheap kit. It looks really nice. The make is Apiro.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I personally wouldn't bother with any induction kit on a 182, never mind a cheap one. Best set up is a V6 airbox etc.

For £40 quid I can imagine it being sh*t and if anything losing you power.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
completly pointless!!! you will draw in hot air and lose power and just overall make your car worse, why did renault not give the sport range cone filters in the first place ;) think about it

Clio 182
Well that's what I though, with a hot engine bay and all. Just thought I'd confirm with some experience ;) tell me about the v6 airbox? Expensive? Easy to fit?

mondeo titanium tdci
If you going to get a induction kit get a k&n generation 2 induction kit it costs about £150 but a great set up and does work despite the haters on here

Here is my set up

photo42.jpg

Clio 182
Okay but what's the difference between that and the universal apiro one I saw? I know it's not a top brand name but does it matter? There quite a simple thing? Or is the filter really a big technological advance on the K&N?

mondeo titanium tdci
The k&n gen 2 set up has a direct cold feed slap bang under the filter unlike most induction kits it's all about getting cold air fed into it not hot air