ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Ignis Sport £999

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Alloy wheel nuts and JDM sticker, so I would imagine the last owner was an old lady who only used it to go to bingo.

Looks a bargain though if its not utterly hanging at under a grand.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That doesn't seem cheap to me, 2 clean yellow ones on Gumtree look in better nick and cheaper!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That doesn't seem cheap to me, 2 clean yellow ones on Gumtree look in better nick and cheaper!

I only spotted litter like this when I popped on to see what you mean:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...-car-need-gone-asap-taking-up-room/1052673225

Which is overheating and 2 years older so doesnt really seem a great deal.

And this one that is very slightly cheaper but older and only got a few weeks mot:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/suzuki-ignis-sport/1050987260

Post the 2 you are on about?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't go for that.

Look on the forum you'll get one in better condition. I'd also pay a little extra for a better example.

Personally wouldn't bother with a Iggy though from experience.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I only spotted litter like this when I popped on to see what you mean:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...-car-need-gone-asap-taking-up-room/1052673225

Which is overheating and 2 years older so doesnt really seem a great deal.

And this one that is very slightly cheaper but older and only got a few weeks mot:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/suzuki-ignis-sport/1050987260

Post the 2 you are on about?

Second one and there was one on Black wheels last night but can't find it now.

Second one still looks better than the Red one to me. Oh and older? By 6 months?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out with Ste Burns in his and enjoyed it. What's not to like Jay?

The only postives i found were steering feel, seating position and handling.

The parts arent really that cheap, something like £75 for a ball joint? build quailty isnt great either.

It takes a certain type of person to use one of those everyday and it certainly isnt me. While i found it was ok for the odd blast i couldnt use it for a daily. I'd rather go back to a 172 or a Cup.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Second one and there was one on Black wheels last night but can't find it now.

Second one still looks better than the Red one to me. Oh and older? By 6 months?

Its only 49 quid cheaper for the second one, and is one reg plate older, so hardly a lot in it price wise really between the two, if buying a car at that end of the market I think you have to attach some value to 12 months MOT too TBH, but not going to argue with you about which is better given that I havent seen either and you REALLY cant tell the details of the condition in those photos.

And the first one, is just a shed by the sounds of it, is that really the other one you meant that was in better condition? It sounds like it needs a head gasket, lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
Never raced or rallied, careful lady owner? @SteBurns?

I'm not supposed to be buying a car but the 206 we have is just so...dull

True lol although I can assure you mine's been well maintained since I bought it, with new oil, coolant, brake fluid and new discs and pads all round. I've not planned on selling it but I can't keep up with Mick and Andy in their Clio's!

If you can't beat 'em join 'em, although I might keep the Ignis as a daily and have a Clio as the track toy.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
For comparison how much would you ask for yours?

I thought it was cheap as all the ones I have seen are 2000+ and look just as ropey! My friend has a balck one that he reckons will fetch high 2's.

I could only buy one with the upgraded bumper though :-/

I'd probably advertise mine at £1500 but as I've mentioned it's taxed and has new discs and pads all round, and I've changed all the fluids recently too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its only 49 quid cheaper for the second one, and is one reg plate older, so hardly a lot in it price wise really between the two, if buying a car at that end of the market I think you have to attach some value to 12 months MOT too TBH, but not going to argue with you about which is better given that I havent seen either and you REALLY cant tell the details of the condition in those photos.

And the first one, is just a shed by the sounds of it, is that really the other one you meant that was in better condition? It sounds like it needs a head gasket, lol.

No the wheels were standard but Black, going to have a look on ebay, might still be up.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you dont seem to be young enough to have insurance problems, I must say I cant think of any good reason to have one over a 172 instead TBH.

Yep.

Tbf they ain't that good on fuel either similar if not worse to a 172 I found as you pretty much thrash it everywhere.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you dont seem to be young enough to have insurance problems, I must say I cant think of any good reason to have one over a 172 instead TBH.

Most things I buy are completely unjustifiable to be honest, Chip.

Most of my 'play money' goes on graffiti art/prints/stencil work now that more often than not I lose money on, cars to me are disposable (as in I don't form a "bond" like most people) so the less I can spend, the better!! I do enjoy going out in my friends Ignis too.

There is a Clio out there for me but its not being sold yet, I wont be able to buy it until September / November by all accounts.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
The Ignis is either a car you 'get' or you don't, they're great fun to drive and have that Japanese feel to them. Mine puts a massive smile on my face when I drive it, and that's what matters... Especially when I'm chasing faster cars around on trackdays.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ignis is either a car you 'get' or you don't, they're great fun to drive and have that Japanese feel to them. Mine puts a massive smile on my face when I drive it, and that's what matters... Especially when I'm chasing faster cars around on trackdays.

Yeah I only smiled once in the ownership of the Clio - when Daniel drove it off.

Just joined SISOC. not very active is it!!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yep.

Tbf they ain't that good on fuel either similar if not worse to a 172 I found as you pretty much thrash it everywhere.

Comparing to JezzaMacs 182 pre turbo, I was around 5 mpgs better. That was around Europe IIRC.