ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap GoPro Style Camera from Aldi

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Picked one of these up yesterday >>> https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbu...ct-detail/ps/p/action-camcorder-ac-500-touch/

It's not going to be as good as a GoPro, but for the money it's got to be worth a punt?

Sample video I found on YouTube looks to be reasonable quality (click to make it HD) >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnMXIuOpgU

Has a standard 1/4" thread on the bottom of the housing, so you can use GoPro mounts, or cheap eBay alternatives of which there are many!

I ordered one of these >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380904808218?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Looking forward to making some videos of the ///M5
cool.png

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
A GoPro is obviously going to be better, but they are also a lot more expensive.

I'm not bothered about dropping this or falling off my bike with it

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
looks allright! be good to see some of your footage you get with it, as I'm currently looking for another camera to go along with my GoPro Hero 2 so I can record from the rear of the car aswell. I'd love another GoPro but even second hand they still go for strong money.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
looks allright! be good to see some of your footage you get with it, as I'm currently looking for another camera to go along with my GoPro Hero 2 so I can record from the rear of the car aswell. I'd love another GoPro but even second hand they still go for strong money.

Will get some sorted once the car mount arrives

Like you say used ones still fetch good money, that's what I was looking at initially, as I'll probably not use it a lot, but nice to have

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm tempted to get a GoPro for my honeymoon next year, I think I'll get some great underwater shots etc however I think it'll just gather dust after if I'm honest.

May look at one of the cheaper alternatives so will watch this thread with interest.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look bad at all, might pick one up (not my video btw)

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I think the up and coming cheap cameras are brilliant albeit I'm no expert. The go pro for quite some time have cornered the market if money is no object. I have a go pro 2 which I've used a handful of times, I find it a faff but then I'm techonigicaly retarded. Something simple like the g11 or whatever it's called that's been linked in another thread a few times would suit me.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Went in to find this today but couldn't see it in there :( unless I didn't look hard enough.

Usually Aldi don't have stock in for long and they get a new range in. Hope I haven't missed it.

Went in to find this today but couldn't see it in there :( unless I didn't look hard enough.

Usually Aldi don't have stock in for long and they get a new range in. Hope I haven't missed it.

They normally have these cameras in, they're just reduced at the minute. They're usually in the glass display Cabernet. My brother got one yesterday. It's not built as well as the go pro, but for £45 and a free 3 year warranty it's not bad at all.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
These cameras are a 'weekly special' so they are not in stock all the time, numbers are limited and I had to visit 2 places to get one, you'll have probably missed out.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Done some test footage and it's ok, but it's no GoPro, however for the money it's to be expected

Sample >>> http://youtu.be/0Vyeu0lfRXQ

Don't forget that YouTube seems to compress the files, so the raw footage is a little better and also remember to set it to play in HD using the cog icon, it defaults to 480p.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
If anyone still wants one of these, a lad at work has a brand new one that he doesn't want, so will sell it