ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap ebay pads - any good?

Honda & VW
I would very much guess that would be a case of 'you get what you pay for' that is rather cheap and therefore they're likely to be pap. But for that price you could argue its worth a punt? If they're no good you don't use them and have lost just over a quid.

Passat TDi
I guessed that would be the case but just wondered if it was maybe one of those instances where they are all made in the same factory etc

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've found that they are very course. When I got them I ended up using them only for plastic dressings.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I tried one and it was very thin and flimsy, didn't really spread the wax all that well or wash out. I know they're expensive in comparison but I dont buy anything else other than the megs applicators

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah is agree with how thin they are but I found them good, especially for the price. The sponges I've linked are superb value for money imo

I picked up some of these off ebay but tried to polish with them and got half way round the car and it broke in 2, but for the money not bad, but the megs ones will out last a fair few of these

Passat TDi
I might give them a go for applying wax see how they go as long as they arent course and create swirls!

I've got some of these aswell. Very cheap but perfect for applying trim dressing because you can simply throw them away after.

I personally wouldn't use these for waxing. I use a meguiars applicator for waxing because it feels a lot softer and is of a much higher quality.

These are defiantly worth having tho and will always be useful to have.

Also worth mentioning these will probably take about 2 weeks to arrive as they are sent from China.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought some ages ago, they're brilliant!

I use them for polishing, waxing and I've got a couple for dedicated bumper/trim dressing.

You can wash them out too.

Bear in mind I clean at least two cars a day, every day, they've lasted bloody ages!

Honda & VW
I decided to buy a couple of bundles of them, mainly for trim and engine bay dressing but will test them on leather work also. Will keep my 'good' ones for protection.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I decided to buy a couple of bundles of them, mainly for trim and engine bay dressing but will test them on leather work also. Will keep my 'good' ones for protection.

The only thing I find with trim dressing, it dissolves the pads! Lol

I use Autoglym stuff though so a different brand may be ok.

I use them mainly for glass polish. Because they're so small they're great for getting in the corners etc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I tried rainx on one of the pads, rinsed it out after I'd finished and it had started to degrade and crumble before the end of the day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I tried rainx on one of the pads, rinsed it out after I'd finished and it had started to degrade and crumble before the end of the day

Don't rinse it out. Here is mine after 3+ months of me using rainX.

7eqe7y8u.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I never thought water would be the catalyst in it breaking down considering it's meant to be used with water.

I hated rainx and wanted to use it up so coated the bathroom with it regularly