ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chav 182 one year on...

Since buying my 182 1 year ago I thought I'd post a thread on how it's changed. (for the better)

I bought the Clio because it was "different" I'd never seen one like it before, Me being 19 I thought it looked great.

bcad6c44.png

617f781b.png

Then I bought a de-cat to go with the piper exaust now sounds much better and louder, after that was some small changes:
Alacantra A pillars
Carbon front diamond
Carbon wrapped dash strips and inserts
Interior LED bulbs + sidelights
Aero wipers
Toe-eye
iPod Jack (connects 2)
All round brembo HC discs and pads with braided hoses

I was happy with the car until the white was getting a bit old, The more I was looking at the car the more I was starting to hate the way it was looking.

Sooo after 5 hours of elbow greece off came the stripes..

96a3c794.jpg

25782112.jpg

Then a few weeks later with lots of saving I got some turinis and got them painted anthracite..

7efb5e1a.jpg

Then my fetish for carbon fibre wrap came back and had the wing mirrors and door bullets wrapped from a friend at a place in Sunderland called digiwrap top man and done a great job going back for more soon!

4a974574.jpg

And took a few quick photos of how the Clio stands now. Crap iPhone quality.

b69737e7.jpg

fff90867.jpg

557eef6d.jpg

And my favourite picture

0fe1e26b.jpg

Car is waaay to high so coilovers and possibly spacers also. I'm toying with the idea of wrapping the roof in carbon aswell.

Thanks for reading all comments welcome :) sorry if it was a boring read.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks a gazillion times better! Don't be ashamed, we all go through that stage at some point in our lives.

I had a black orion with a blue 'FORD MOTORSPORT' sunstrip and blue bumper inserts. I thought I was the don. Infact, I was a pleb.

Thanks lads! Ha Daniel that sounds like a nice motor ;) I had a few of them pleb looks off people made me feel like a nasty chav scumbag! I didn't like it so it had to be changed!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Looks a gazillion times better! Don't be ashamed, we all go through that stage at some point in our lives.

I had a black orion with a blue 'FORD MOTORSPORT' sunstrip and blue bumper inserts. I thought I was the don. Infact, I was a pleb.

You still are.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'll have to see this in person properly one day, meet up soon? I didn't realise you were 20, mind if I ask you about insurance? Pm if you prefer :)

Car sounds lovely by the way

* bit of an update*

Finally got some coilovers :)

Excuse the smurf it's now been taken off!

16eee526.jpg

c018b354.jpg

bea66898.jpg

8d0f5175.jpg

This would have been a good picture if my shadow wasn't there

32832d7f.jpg

BG 182
looks stunning mate! Nice few subtle touches makes the world of difference! Go treat yourself to a splurged though mate!

View attachment 63491

I cant see a shodow? or a annoying white line ;)

Ah thanks mate :) looks so much better!!

Nice pictures! When my cars fixed, cleaned and turini'd you should take some pictures of my car :)... Just saying

yeah mate sounds like a plan! Just give me a shout pal we will arrange something :)
looks stunning mate! Nice few subtle touches makes the world of difference! Go treat yourself to a splurged though mate!

thanks mate! What's a splurged? Don't think iv heard of one?

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
Lovely 182 mate makes me want to swap my 172 for a 182.

Perfect ride height for the wheels. 16's?

Thanks mate :) yes there 16's

I haven't updated this thread for a long time..

This is how the clio ended up looking like

4afe79651f4c59a37e3bf0b62e8f7ffd_zps70c0b9cb.jpg

f1847829c332e64ebcc83096b367c31f_zpsd08cc012.jpg

fb29a23c.jpg

But it's now provisionally sold :(

And this is the replacement. Ill post a thread with better photos when I give it a good clean.
04df25092302be108731c2a6c6e39437_zpse5453f57.jpg

0f4213dda5d20af984f258246d5f2d5a_zpse9d7ab57.jpg

1b0f96bd12919fe15c34c3aadeabc9b3_zpscb366562.jpg

Both of them together
4677d1278bc660edc8162376e52e3b60_zps7625f07d.jpg

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
So jealous now. Really like R26's, what are the plans for it?

How low did you go with the 182?

That was the lowest the clio was. I heightened it a few mm's because it was scraping everywhere.

32832d7f.jpg

The meg is stage 2 already so it's just going to be enjoyed, kept clean and looked after :) I really am going to miss the clio. I thought I wouldn't get rid of it. But no doubt ill be back in one at sum point