ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chassis notch and insurance...

Question for insurance people...what do you make of chassis notches?

Is is it a declareable "modification"?

No I haven't got one and I never will but I've seen a few folk recently claim they've declared their notch to the insurance company...

Clio 172 Flamer
We would probably take the view of the fact that if it gets through an MOT with no problem, then we would allow it.

The sole reason for a Chassis notch is just to lower it, I believe.

It would definitely be worth mentioning to your insurers, at the end of the day, it is an aftermarket amendment to the vehicle.

You don't want to give insurers anything that they can chuck a claim out over... ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What is a chassis notch?

It's not removing part of a structural part of the car is it? Although that's stupid, I wouldn't put it past people doing it, they'd probably see it as being as cool as cutting springs.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
What is a chassis notch?

It's not removing part of a structural part of the car is it? Although that's stupid, I wouldn't put it past people doing it, they'd probably see it as being as cool as cutting springs.
I think its normally cutting a c section out of the chassis legs so that the driveshafts have room and don't bottom out. for "mega lowzzzz"
Although i think since 2013 if you have a chassis notch you have to get the car through an IVA test, although i imagine a lot will have freindly testers like with decats, although a structural weakness is IMO more serious than some emmissions!

What is a chassis notch?

all about the epic lows all the kids do it

6828047700_6736bbdd2d_b.jpg

http://uk-mkvs.net/topic/32134-please-post-pics-of-your-chassis-notch-here/

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Still passes MOT if you do it properly and weld a bit of pipe in the notch. I personally wouldn't say anything to insurers.