ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Charcoal Canister Vacuum Pipe

RenaultSport 197
The charcoal canister vacuum pipe which goes into the plenum chamber can it be just taken off the charcoal canister without any problems or do you have to depressurise the fuel lines going into the charcoal canister?

The only reason I ask is because I want to replace the vacuum pipe going in to the plenum chamber and of course I don't want it to go bang in my face as I take it off the canister.

1.2 16v.

RenaultSport 197
^ ^ Ecotec Valve removal. The original pipe has been severed to get it on, and i've had samco vacuum piping to cover it. Been like this for a while, but it's been at the back of my mind because I want to get a new original vacuum hose going into the plenum. Because the charcoal canister is part of the emissions system, just dont want it to mess up fuel consumption/ emissions etc..

I can fit it myself, but just want to make sure that I wont get any nasty leaks or the pressure release screwing up the system or putting unwanted air into the fuel line/ plenum.

You can just unplug it, no worries. I newed all my vacum hoses the other day, no problems what-so-ever.

Just make sure you get the right size inside diameter hose. I found one of mine started at 5mm and the other end was 3mm so I had to use a screwey clip thingi to keep it in place and air tight.

But yeah, they just pop off.